Adams Communication & Engineering Technology Systems Engineer - Senior in Northern Virginia, Virginia
Adams Communication & Engineering Technology (ACET), Incorporated is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) system engineering and information technology firm, headquartered in Maryland and Virginia. Incorporated in 1999, we support mission critical Information Technology (IT) business needs for clients within the intelligence community (IC), Department of Defense (DOD), Veteran Administration (VA) and for select commercial clients. ACET, Inc.’s technical, programmatic, and analytical professionals are experts in commercial technology, customized solutions, and proprietary government systems.
ACET is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our dynamic team in Northern VA.
The candidate is responsible for ensuring reliable and useful deliverable products to the customer. The selected candidate will work closely with the system health monitors and Splunk team to ensure the data output meets and exceeds the customer’s expectation. The candidate will verify and validate data, ensuring data quality, and completeness while driving ETL operations. The candidate will be responsible for monitoring and aiding the customer in requests for dashboards and data sets. Transition to and Implement ESM and provide training to analytical customers.
- Provide assistance with dashboard design ideas to development team in support of client
- Integrate multiple data streams and feeds from networks, infrastructure services, mission/business application into near, real-time dashboards for use in trouble shooting and the presentation of situational awareness briefings to leadership
- Utilize pre-built dashboards/add-ons within Splunk system and be able to create custom Splunk dashboards and search queries to meet the customer’s needs
- Provide recommendations/action plans for incorporating new data streams to present additional visualizations
- Perform software requirements, system integration activities, lead research, designs develops and test software and tools to include development of new work product or enhancing existing applications, system or embedded products
- Conduct appropriate investigation and support resolution and technical solution reporting
- Provide initial problem resolution where possible and reporting
- Assist customer with data interpretation for ETL ingestion and quality assurance
- Generate, monitor and track incidents/events through to resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent training and/or experience
- 10+ years’ experience in Cyber security and telecommunications
- Active/current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Possess exceptional knowledge of customer data sets
- Experience working in Windows environment
- All candidates must be a U.S. Citizen to apply
*ACET is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. *
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Clearance Level Required: Top Secret/SCI with High Poly
# of Openings: 1