Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Co. Organic Plant Health Care (PHC) Technician in North Haledon, New Jersey
Almstead Organic PHC (Plant Health Care) Technicians work with the latest technology and information in treating our customers’ plant health care problems with all organic solutions using compost tea and granular soil amendments. As an Organic PHC Technician, you will possess a strong horticultural background, as well as field experience that is necessary to help you identify different plants and shrubs, and indicators of possible plant health problems. You will evaluate, monitor and treat for insect and disease conditions as well as soil conditions. You work closely with Arborists, providing critical feedback and recommending the appropriate treatments to plant health care problems. We work hard at making sure our PHC Technicians are the best in the business, from getting the right people, to continually providing them with the resources, tools, and education they need to remain leaders in the industry.
- Diagnose insect, disease, and cultural/environmental conditions.
- Evaluate recommended treatment options; priority placed on solution-based organic care options.
- Ensure proper filling/mixing procedures and material dilution are followed.
- Understand and operate state-of-the-art equipment.
- Learn/understand insect & disease life cycles, plant biology, and soil biology.
- Maintain a safe and controlled work environment.
- Adhere to company safety, state and local regulations.
- Operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment.
- Maintain open communication with consulting Arborists and clients to provide feedback on plant health care issues.
- Two/four year degree in arboriculture, horticulture (or related field), or minimum three years’ industry/field experience.
- Enthusiastic about what you do and the ability to work extra hours when needed.
- Knowledge of common trees & shrubs.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Send your resume and cover letter to:
Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Co.
58 Beechwood Avenue, New Rochelle NY 10801
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a competitive compensation package for full-time employees including medical and dental plans with employer contribution, 401K, and paid vacation/sick/holidays.
Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Company, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or genetics.