The Manor at Bluewater Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Up To $5,000 Sign On Bonus - Part-Time 3rd Shift in Niceville, Florida
The LPN is considered to be a supervisor and is required to exercise supervisory authority over all nonlicensed nurses. The exercise of supervisory authority by LPNs is required even at times that RNs are on duty. While the LPN may seek guidance from the RN in a particular situation, he or she is expected to independently issue discipline, evaluate employees and perform other supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to meet performance requirements
- Educate and Training
- Graduate from an approved training program.
- Licensed to practice in this state.
- Participate in continuing education so that she/he has knowledge of current trends and new developments in nursing and meets state requirements.
- Job Knowledge and Capabilities:
- Ability to learn, absorb, and apply technical training, and the ability to prepare and administer treatment or medication and keep records in prescribed manner.
- Ability to perceive differences in patient behavior and recognize symptoms and the ability to communicate : effectively in writing, by telephone, and in personal contacts.
- Ability to organize work procedures, assume responsibility, and tactfully supervise others.
Special interest in geriatric nursing. Specific Patient Care Duties and Responsibilities::
Assume responsibility for safe administration of medications and treatments.
- Coordinate nursing activities with the activities of other departments. Admit new patients.
- Make frequent rounds to verify that appropriate nursing care (according to established policies and procedures is provided; note any changes in a patient’s condition; intervene to correct problems observed.
- Assist physician during rounds.
- Maintain the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each patient. Assist patients to attain highest level of self-care possible.
- Relieve other shifts if needed.
Perform other duties as assigned. Specific Personnel/Employee Relations Responsibilities::
Assign duties to non-licensed nursing staff and supervise charting activities so patient records are complete and a accurate.
- Supervise activities of non-licensed nursing staff so policies are followed.
- Carry out personnel disciplinary actions to include issuing oral and written personnel in instances where he/she believes company employment policies, rules for conduct or accepted patient care practices have not been followed.
- Resolve employee work related problems, complaints, and grievances to extent possible. The first Line supervisor is the first step in the formal compliant procedure described in the Personnel Manual.
- Assist in orientation for new non-licensed nursing staff and recommended their promotion from probationary period to regular employment status.
- Evaluate work performance of non-licensed nursing staff.
- Make changes in staff schedule as indicated by absence or illness and obtain replacement where needed,
- Attend appropriate nursing supervisory meetings.
- Willing to perform duties as a C.N.A when needed.