Huntington Ingalls Industries DATABASE ARCHITECT 4 in Newport News, Virginia
DATABASE ARCHITECT 4
T54: Tech Services
External Job Description:
The SQL Database Architect 4 will be responsible for the planning, design, development, implementation, configuring, upgrade, maintenance problem resolution and overall performance of all SQL databases. Manage databases throughout their lifecycle from project inception to ongoing support and decommissioning. This includes interfacing with senior level managers and other peers to provide lifecycle support for the database servers, configurations, backup solutions, enforce compliance of policies, procedures, perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, incident and problem management, change and configuration management and service level performance.
• Responsible for all day to day database technologies on various platforms according to business needs in accordance with business budgets, schedules and performance standards.
• Mentor, collaborate, train and share information with team members.
• Research new technologies, features, and techniques, and share the knowledge with team members and associated groups.
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
• Provide leadership and guidance in enterprise-wide initiatives to team members and stakeholders
• Provide direction on overall database strategy
• Lead efforts to design and implement changes to data models for new and existing applications.
• Provide professional and technical status and communication to customers, projects managers and all levels of management.
• Utilize service delivery processes in conjunction with the change control board for communicating database changes.
• Coordinate database outages in support of system maintenance, database migrations, and database or server retirements.
• Develop, implement, administer and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of all databases.
• Partner with multiple teams across IT to design, create and support database technologies.
• Proactively monitor and maintenance SQL Server performance, security, stability and recovery.
• Evaluate enhancements of existing database architecture to support new features, performance improvements, upgrades and ongoing sustainment.
• Facilitate the creation of development, test and production databases and migrations across environments
• Participate in 24x7 On Call rotation
• Develop, design, document, modify, and execute processes for SQL Server databases.
• Evaluate and implement installations, upgrades, patching, STIG compliance, vulnerability remediation, retirements, problem resolution, database monitoring, performance & tuning, license management, security, auditing (including SOX audits), system integrity, backup and recovery, support business continuity, disaster recovery planning and testing.
Designs, models, documents, and guides the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications. Analyzes needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and develops technical, structural, and organizational specifications. May create standards and/or do modeling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance.
Auto req ID:
SQL Database Architect 4
Bachelor’s Degree and 9 years of experience. Master’s Degree and 7 years of experience. Ph.D. and 4 years of experience. 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. 8 years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 40,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Relocation assistance will be available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, computer engineering, systems analysis or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 9 Years of experience designing, maintaining, administration, installation, upgrades and configuration of SQL Server infrastructure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
• Experience with large databases and large datasets in a mission critical environment
• Expert knowledge of Database Architecture Principles
• Strong desire to learn new technologies
• Experience running and maintaining multiple production databases
• Experience in successful database design, schema design and SQL performance tuning Experience in SQL Server clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster, availability groups and various replication technologies is a plus.
• Experience supporting databases in a virtualized environment.
• Experience with VMWARE
• Experience with Availability Groups
• Strong scripting experience with PowerShell
• Experience managing SOX databases
Huntington Ingalls Industries
- Huntington Ingalls Industries Jobs