Citi TTS Payments and Receivables Payments Transformation, VP in New York, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Implementation
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 18076143
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Global Payments and Receivables Product Development team identifies new product ideas & solutions that drive differentiation provide value to clients, and contribute to the growth of the Payments and Receivables business. The team manages the end-to-end product development process from concept formation to strategy, business requirement, design, development, pilot launch, global rollout, and commercialization. The team leads the design, development and delivery of capabilities that enhance Citi’s position as a leading provider of payment solutions for institutional clients
The Product Development team is executing a key component of the Payments and Receivables business strategy in a multiyear program to re-imagine and transform the Payments and Receivables ecosystem and position it for the future. The goal is to deploy a globally consistent processing capability that is client focused, responsive to marketplace changes, data centered, always on, and efficient. This processing capability will be the backbone for multiple other high profile initiatives and therefore is a key dependency for execution of a broader transformational strategy of the business into new segments, new payment methods/types, and will be central for more fully integrated capabilities across the multiple businesses within Citi. The program runs concurrently across multiple countries and regions under the same guidelines, goals, and governance to ensure consistency of approach, economy of execution, and commonality of outcomes.
The Payments Transformation product manager will support execution of this initiative with the help of external partners, global technology and operations. Key deliverables are a globally consistent capability definition, quick time to market, and a future oriented way to support Citi clients, process payments and collections, with corresponding end-to-end client journeys. The goal is to develop end-to-end solutions from client channels, to processing to payment delivery and notification leveraging new capabilities including Big Data, APIs, and a services oriented environment. The position will define the scheduling/sequencing of product features, providing a decision-making capacity to technology development teams.
• Work with other stakeholder across multiple geographies, to establish end-to-end user journeys for clients and internal users. Collaborate with product managers to agree product features and functions, and MVPs
• Define and prioritize key use cases where a customer of a Citi institutional client is the intended audience/recipient of the service
• Define delivery channel priorities, i.e. mobile/web, and APIs for both the individual and the Citi client
• Define interactions with foreign exchange engines to provide pricing and visibility to the retail customer and client
• Define end to end data strategy
• Functional & Capability design of the solution
• Work with O&T to ensure execution
• Leads discussions with vendors and partners about what to build and when
• Maintains solution roadmap, manages scope and ensures technology delivery meets requirements.
• Experience in the entire life-cycle of product development
• Manage product/solution as owner and drive execution through multi-stakeholder engagement
• Exposure and Visibility with senior management as well as local, regional and global stakeholders across product, compliance, legal, operations and technology amongst others.
• Opportunity to interact with a diverse multi country set of partners.
Although significant familiarity with technology is expected, the role is not to use the knowledge in specific ways, but to leverage that knowledge to evaluate alternatives, set priorities, and direct execution
• 10+ years prior technology or technology focused product development experience
• Understand key concepts of web design, APIs.
• Familiarity with the concept of Design Sprints and Agile capability development principles.
• Familiarity with the end to end process to execute outgoing and incoming payments, including familiarity with issues related to accounting, reconcilement, and exception process management. - Demonstrated ability to dissect processes into core components so they can be analyzed, assessed, solutions developed, and benefits quantified.
• Conversant with new technologies: services oriented, APIs, Big Data.
• Proven leadership ability to influence and coordinate multiple global stakeholders. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are paramount.
• Ability to operate at different levels (e.g., solution analysis and design, thought-partnership with seniors, presentations)
• Superior analytical skills: ability to act as subject matter expert able to provide guidance to regional product managers, IT, Client Delivery, Implementation and Ops.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Citi Jobs