The Jewish Board Therapist in New York, New York
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Conduct assessment including review of referral information, identify and engage key participants, identify strengths and weaknesses and collaboratively develop goals.
* Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
* Provide services exclusively or primarily within the client’s home and community.
* Adhere to the fidelity of the model.Work within the model’s structure, regarding length of treatment, case contacts, interventions, supervision, and documentation.
* Participate in consultations with the model developer. Audio/video record sessions for training and supervision purposes.
* Maintain clear and concise documentation in CNNX case record including progress notes of treatment efforts and Family Services Assessment Plan s, enter data into PROMIS
* Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or a related subject area.
* Persons with a related bachelor’s degree and significant clinical experience in treating substance abuse and serious antisocial behavior in youth may also qualify at the discretion of the agency.
* CASAC a plus
* Family systems theory and application
* Substance use/abuse theory (for MST-SA) and behavioral approaches to SA treatment
* Social ecological theory and application
* Behavioral therapies theory and knowledge
* Cognitive-behavioral therapy, pragmatic family therapies theory and application
* Social skills assessment and intervention and child development research and its application in treatme nt.
* Experience working in the client’s home.
* Experience working in a Child Welfare, JJI, or Adolescent Focused program.
* Experience and /or knowledge of Evidence-Based Models, Motivational Interviewing and Solution-Focused work.
* Experience of working within diverse communities.
* Direct practice with families using a family therapy model.
* Bilingual/bicultural preferred
* Agreement to work a flexible schedule
* Comfortable with group supervision and commitment to work on professional development goals to improve adherence.