Citi Senior Executive Assistant in New York, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Job Function: Business Management and Admin
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18075715
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Business Overview – Citi Research:
Citi Research focuses on delivering the highest quality company, sector, economic and geographic insights to our clients globally. The unit includes equity and fixed income research, economic and market analysis and product-specific analysis to help individual and institutional clients navigate a complex global marketplace. Citi Research is committed to maintaining the highest level of independence and objectivity in its proprietary products and insights. With over 300 equity analysts covering over 3600 companies worldwide, Citi Research is an industry leader in equity research globally. By leveraging our global platform, our focus is on thought leadership – premium content and generating ideas that help clients make accurate stock calls.
This position will sit within our Americas Equity Research Management team. This comprises the Director of Research for the Americas region along with three Deputy Directors of North America Research who provide management and oversight to over 65 analyst franchises (an approximately 200 employee department). The team works with both internal and external business partners who are actively engaged within the equity markets. The chosen candidate will interact extensively with senior levels of key internal constituents across the organization as well as with high-profile external clientele. Primary duties include providing expansive administrative coverage for the Director of Research and his Deputy Directors. The ideal candidate will thrive in an analytical and dynamic atmosphere, have a strong background supporting several members of Senior Management and the ability to successfully administer multiple and shifting priorities.
• Maintain frequently changing and challenging calendars through Outlook and understand Managers’ priorities to effectively manage schedules. Ensure proactive resolution of scheduling conflicts.
• Coordinate appointments, meeting logistics, and document preparation, as appropriate, and especially extreme discretion when arranging for candidate screenings.
• Ensure Director of Research and Deputy Directors are prepared for all meetings with necessary materials and document follow-up.
• Handle incoming calls that are often highly confidential and accordingly respond with discretion.
• Coordinate frequent domestic and international travel arrangements.
• Liaison with members of the Senior Equity Management support team to ensure department deliverables – e.g. mid-year and year-end performance scorecards – are completed timely.
• Facilitate the creation of presentation materials for various internal and external meetings. Ability to edit and create documents/presentations in PowerPoint, and export data to Excel.
• Organize and secure highly confidential employee, client and department information.
• Apply advanced communication skills to manage interactions with senior internal and external contacts.
• Manage all aspects of event execution – department meetings, off-sites (internal and external); Sector/POD Meetings, holiday party, etc.
• Expert proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Ability to gain a strong command of internal systems (e.g., Video Conferencing, VEMS, P2P, Citi Travel & Expenses).
• 5+ years’ experience in an Administrative position supporting several members of Senior Management
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Experience supporting Equity Research is a strong plus
• Expert in multi-tasking, organizing, and prioritizing is a must
• Proactive and anticipatory team player with the interest to take initiative and work in a fast-pace environment
• Approachable and professional presence and ability to engage with internal and external constituents
• Skilled in exercising extreme discretion/sensitivity
• Experienced event coordination and execution
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented with ability to work independently and prioritize workload
• Demonstrates a high level of integrity and professionalism
• Energetic, responsive team player with the interest
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.