Ross Stores, Inc. Sample Administrator in New York, New York
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
The Sample Support Administrator role is an administrative function that supports the Merchandising organization. The Sample Support Administrator is responsible for the organizing of all product samples. The Sample Support Administrator receives and identifies the samples, retrieves samples for review meetings, sets up and breaks down of merchant meetings, takes necessary photos to document quality issues of samples, and executes sample disposal.
- Receiving all packages and identifying all samples accurately and timely, completing inspections of shipments received utilizing sample labels, packing slips and appropriate systems/tools. Escalating any issues to Sample Support Supervisor in order to address delivery/arrival issues
- Taking and uploading all necessary photos and cataloging all samples appropriately in sample tool system, incl. assigning locations, attaching appropriate labels to locations, and placing samples in the correct locations
- Responsible for all sample review meeting preparation: retrieving all samples for sample team review as well as merchant review meetings; setting up and breaking down of meetings between the sample team and the merchants; returning all samples to appropriate storage locations and updating sample database
- Returning Buyer Bins to the Buyers and checking out samples to the Buyer
- Executing sample disposal, incl. removing tags from samples and marking as disposed in the sample tool
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the sample closet, calling out equipment or storage needs and any issues, and supporting documenting new sample requests
- Managing image discrepancy checks in sample tool
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 - 4 year degree
- 1 year minimum related work experience / retail experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Must be a team player, exhibiting good communication skills and flexibility
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift packages up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking hearing, talking on telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance
- Vision Requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically