Barclays RAD Developer, AVP in New York, New York
Job Title:*RAD Developer
Location:*745 7th Ave 3rd floor New York, NY 10019
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
- About Barclays in the US*
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About Barclays International Commercial Growth Initiative The Barclays International Markets business is making a major technology investment and has mobilized the Commercial Growth Program to drive an ambitious revenue growth plan focused on maintaining and building our trading capabilities. This initiative will see a major boost to Technology resource talent who will work on a wide range of leading edge technology program. We have identified over 600 roles to be hired across Pre-Trade Technology, Post Trade Technology and Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology globally, including key hubs in London, New York, Glasgow, Pune and Prague. We are hiring creative and driven Technologists, from a wide range of industry sectors that have exposure to high availability and high transactional online systems. There has never been a more exciting time to join Barclays International.
About the Risk, Finance and Treasury Transaction cycle
Our Risk, Finance and Treasury (RFT) Technology team comprises c.3,500 colleagues operating across the UK, US, India and Czech Republic. We are accountable for the delivery of business change and technology transformation for Risk, Finance and Treasury Functions globally, working in partnership with our business customers to develop and implement long term strategic IT solutions to help achieve Barclays’ strategic goals.
We support over 450 applications and a user base of 7,000 staff across all Business Units, legal entities and major geographic hubs. We enable them to effectively manage capital and liquidity, assess internal and external risk metrics, meet regulatory reporting requirements and provide a strong second line of defense.
Our strategy is to deliver Technology solutions faster, cheaper and safer, by simplifying processes and infrastructure while improving our control environment and leveraging opportunities to use consistent and reliable data across Barclays.
What this means for our colleagues, customers and clients
Our core ambition is to create a Technology community who are motivated, have the right skills and have a clear understanding of their development plans by; demonstrating how Technology contributes to Barclays’ strategy and supports the evolution of its businesses. Promoting a culture of dialogue and transparency with visible leaders and supporting colleagues in developing and progressing their ambitions.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Overall Purpose of role
The main focus of the team is tactical applications, but not in isolation from the strategic projects ongoing in the department - we integrate into, and use existing, strategic projects whenever it is sensible to do so. The team employs some agile techniques (though does not adhere strictly to any specific agile methodology) and develops software in a variety of languages - the main focus of the role is on Excel using both VBA and an in house functional programming language (FMD), there are also occasions to use some Python, C# and C . Equity derivative business knowledge would be extremely beneficial but is not a fundamental requirement for the role. But business knowledge in financial markets will be a requirement - the developer needs to interact with Trading, Operations, and Finance clients as well as team members.
Develop and maintain applications and solutions for the EFS Trading desk, GFRM, and Product Control functions
- Provide tactical solutions on business requests
- Integrate RAD solutions into the strategic projects within the department where required
- Analyze user requirements, document, and revise systems functionalities for the equities derivatives trading desk.
- Liaise with trading, sales, and structuring users to gather requirements to develop, modify, and resolve issues encountered in pre-trade pricing applications.
- Conceptualize, deliver, and support software applications using Excel, VBA, C# and SQL technologies.
- Review computer system capabilities, workflow, and help resolve limitations.
- Analyze computer source code and live performance indicators to locate code problems and correct errors.
- Utilize SQL and stored procedures to query, fetch, update, and delete data from relational databases.
- Analyze and improve software project lifecycles to drive testing, deployment, and post-deployment support.
- Reconcile pricing differences between systems.
- Assist in the design and implementation of derivatives pricing and risking algorithms to maintain and enhance internal risk engine platform.
- Utilize industry standard and domain-specific computer languages to implement and support derivatives pricing and risk methodologies in internal risk engine platform.
- Provide second line support to intraday and overnight production PnL and risk batches that generate prices, PnL and risk numbers used to manage trading books.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Stakeholders are a variety of business areas: Front Office, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Product Control and Operations. Strong communication skills with knowledge of Financial Markets fundamentals are required.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
Role requires operating in fast paced environment of the Equity Derivatives Trading floor while servicing all immediate technological needs of EFS Business. Most of the work here is about custom Risk calculations frequently used directly for making trading decisions, as well as covering for immediate needs of Product Control and Operations, fulfilling Firm’s Regulatory obligations, etc. - and thus ability to understand requirements coming from Market Risk and/or Trading as well as ability to understand and troubleshoot various parameters of Risk calculations produced will be a requirement. All technology solutions delivered here have to be manageable via Prod Support personnel who might not have in-depth knowledge of underlying technologies or the nature of calculations being produced. Ability to convey information and train new personnel to support new and existing RAD applications and tools is a vital requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science , or related field
- 4years of technical proficient - knowledge of data structures, algorithms and general problem solving is required.
- 4years of experience programming in C , C#, Python and/or Excel/VBA software programming language.
4 year of knowledge with Financial Markets fundamentals
Strong verbal & written English communication skills
- Knowledge of Equity derivatives.
- Knowledge of Exotic Equity Derivatives
- Knowledge of functional programming (e.g. Haskell, F#)
- Proven ability to pick up and learn new languages on the job
- Knowledge of databases & their SQL languages (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, PL/SQL, TSQL).
- Knowledge of COM.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Your Application*
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: RAD Developer, AVP
Location: NY-New York
Requisition ID: *90214935