Comcast Product Manager - Audience in New York, New York
FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, comprised of FreeWheel Publishers, FreeWheel Markets, and FreeWheel Advertisers empowers all segments of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the full breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve their goals. We power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal results for marketers. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
Founded by a team of executives from the world's leading technology companies, FreeWheel is building the media operations platform for the unified television market.
Companies including ABC, DIRECTV, ESPN and NBC Universal depend on our robust advertising management/ monetization platform, leverage our private marketplace for premium television inventory, and seek out our advisory services, so they can generate revenue from their ad supported content.
The mission of the Audience squad is to create addressable and measurable technology solutions on digital inventory for programmers, distributors, and markets clients. We cater to customer's needs to forecast, target, optimize and report on their audiences. We are looking for a strong, motivated product expert with a technical background, good business sense, solid communication skills and ability to partner closely across revenue, services, product, and engineering teams to deliver results.
- Provide leadership and establish a shared vision for FreeWheel's data management products and supporting solutions
- Develop, launch and maintain the entire product life cycle from ideation to market with the help of a crossfunctional squad against established, prioritized business goals
- Identify new product opportunities from industry challenges and perform market/competitive analysis within the audience space to inform product decisions and strategy
- Oversee Engineering's product development efforts, including product design and feature specifications, and ensure product built is functional, operational and meets requirements, using scrum agile methodologies making feature tradeoffs wherever necessary
- Define and consistently measure quantifiable success metrics of owned products, especially with each additional feature
- Capture client use cases and reexplain their objectives using words understandable by your intended audience (i.e. marketing, engineering, clients themselves, etc.)
- Maintain a general awareness and understanding of the advertising/media operations and cable TV/contentproviders landscape, including vendors, partners, and new dynamic web-advertising technologies
- Remain an expert on the competitive landscape & upcoming industry trends
- Collaborate with other squads and teams to execute companywide goals
- Use limited resources effectively by building business cases for new products/features, prioritizing needs based on squad objectives. Clearly highlight business case assumptions and suggest ways to vet assumptions prior to further investment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Position requires approximately 15% time for travel (domestic and international)
- A degree in math, engineering, computer science, or equivalent, ideally with at least 4 years of experience in product management and/or video advertising technology
- Strong leadership and communication skills while being a solid teamplayer
- Selfstarter with experience working with Engineering and clients to create, execute and test technical user-centric designs that lead to scalable solutions
- Strong mathematical, statistical and analytical skills comfortable with numbers and excited to solve problems that seem difficult at first glance
- Must be able to develop an excellent grasp of the strategic, competitive and economic dimensions of our clients' businesses
- Outstanding project management skills and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Marketplaces, Data Management Platforms, and ratings vendors such as Nielsen or comScore is a plus
- Supersmart, passionate about what you do, funny (or, at least can take a joke), and fired up about the opportunity in front of FreeWheel
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
- Comcast Jobs