GlobalFoundries Principal Procurement Specialist in New York, New York
Summary of Role:
The Procurement Planner role is a hybrid of parts planning and purchase order fulfillment. With a focus on spare parts planning and buying, the Procurement Planner will be responsible for ensuring supply chain stability in support of manufacturing. Planning entails analyzing part demands and determining requirements based on forecast. The Procurement Planner will also place purchase orders to ensure material arrives on time. Responsibilities encompass end to end planning and PO management, analyzing and understanding requirements, placing purchase orders, handling and resolving purchase order reconciliations, receipts and invoices. Key to success and client satisfaction is cross functional engagement and an understanding of manufacturing requirements, this role will interface with manufacturing, engineering, procurement, warehousing, finance, accounts receivable, etc.
* Perform daily reviews of inventory and manage replenishment orders as required, ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained and appropriate planning parameters are in place
* Analyze and issue status and operational reports; provide root cause analysis for performance exceptions
* Analyze product demand trends to determine the best possible forecast model that matches the demand of a particular product
* Generate and analyze ERP reports to target areas requiring more focus, such as past due purchase orders, or items with insufficient inventory
* Identify and report planning and purchasing related errors
* Establish, evaluate and maintain supplier partnerships and programs, i.e., consignment, stocking and kanban programs
* Participate in inter-departmental and cross-functional teams working towards continuous process improvement, elimination of wastes, and cost savings
* Collaborate with clients and sup pliers to insure parts strategy is executed
* Drive parts strategy for your commodity
* Solve tactical issues with urgency
* Provide support to management as required
* Perform all activities in safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
* Bachelor's degree
* 2 years Materials/Procurement experience
* Thorough understanding of supply chain operations and inventory management
* Effective supplier/customer communications to ensure collaboration on proper inventory levels, on time shipments and deliveries of products
* Planning and MRP knowledge as it relates to complex product scheduling and planning terminology
* Google products skills (incl. Sheets, Docs, Drive)
* Microsoft Office products skills (incl. Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access)
* Business analytics and presentation skills
* Ability to understand large volumes of data and make business recommendations
* ERP System knowledge (Oracle a plus)
* Strong Communication skills (verbal and written)
* Problem solving skills
* Knowledge of Fab operations a plus
* Readiness to travel 10% travel annually
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.