Kelly Services Laboratory Assistant in New York, New York
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Laboratory Assistant in New York, New York to work a contract assignment of 12 months for one of our top clients. Kelly is a full service workforce solutions provider to 98% of the Fortune 100™ companies. We provide employment to more than 700,000 people annually and we deal with some of the largest and best companies both nationally and locally.
Primary Responsibilities of the Laboratory Assistant includes:
**Candidate must have previous knowledge of chemistry and biology terms as they will be re-ordering inventory and must know what they are talking about. Looking for a fast learner with great communication skills.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
• Executes secretarial and administrative assignments of confidential nature and relieves management of clerical,administrative and business detail as necessary. • Performs administrative functions supporting research laboratory and clinical research studies operations
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assisting in setting up of vendors.
• Placing and tracking orders of research supplies, chemicals, biological matrix and samples.
• Receiving and storing samples and reagents; manage supplies/chemical inventory
• Scheduling instruments PM and repairs; Manage instruments service contract renewals.
• Arrange waste pick-up and cleaning services.
• Obtain quotations for purchase, pays and tracks invoicing.
• Collects, compiles and analyzes information as required by manager(s). Assists in department reporting requirements and form completion.
• Performs standard administrative functions such as screening telephone calls, opening mail, scheduling appointments and maintaining the calendar, order office supplies and coordinating meetings and training (internal or external.)
• Organizes travel arrangements and completes expense reports.
• Interfaces with a various levels of management across organizations and with external customers.
• May serve as a point of contact for other departments such as IT, HR, building and facilities, etc.
• Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Minimum 2 years of related experience supporting laboratory operations.
• Knowledge of biology and chemistry vocabulary.
• Familiar with standard business concepts, practices & procedures within administrative support.
• Able to employ basic reasoning and analytical skills.
• Proficient in computer software such as Microsoft Office products, spreadsheets, presentations, database programs.
• Proficient in organizational operations & procedures.
• Experience handling incoming phone calls; remains professional at all times; front office etiquette.
• EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Education and Experience Requirement of the Laboratory Assistant includes :
High School Diploma required\t
Bachelor’s in sciences preferred; some training and knowledge in biology, chemistry or sciences are required
Contract assignment, duration 12 months. \t
Work schedule: full-time, first shift. Monday-Friday
Kelly Temporary Employee Perks:
Group medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available for purchase—and the coverage is portable*\t
Service bonus plan and Holiday pay plan, if qualified\t
Weekly electronic pay options\t
Free online training campus available\t
Exclusive online employee community\t
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position you must submit your resume to the Scientific Recruiter listed below:
Sandy at: Sanm174@KellyServices.com (please reference BH Job #1657281)
Thank you for your interest in the assignment.
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
- Kelly Services Jobs