Skanska Communications Manager in New York, New York
Are you a creative storyteller and a team player? Do you excel in a fast-paced work environment? Are you a student or a master of the New York City media and political landscape? Are you a highly confident and capable writer? Are you energized by the challenge of making technical concepts and issues easily relatable by the general public? If so, this job might be perfect for you.
The position is based in New York, NY.
What you'll do:
The Manager of Communications for the New York City Metro Region is a core member of Skanska USA's national Communications team. The Manager is responsible for driving internal- and externally-facing communications initiatives for Skanska's operations in northern New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley in New York, and western Connecticut. They are responsible for working collaboratively within our matrixed national team to develop and execute on region- and industry-specific brand marketing and communications strategies.
The Communications Manager pursues several strategic business goals including: evolution of the firm's reputation among existing clients, business prospects, potential employees, and the general public; increased efficiency through collaboration across the firm's business units, geographies, and national shared-service functions; enhanced engagement by employees in Skanska's market strategy and purpose.
The Manager's responsibilities comprise extensive writing and editing, from project-specific announcements to executive communications. They lead regional crisis communications preparations and response in partnership with Skanska's private and public-sector clients. They are responsible for building and managing strong and mutually-beneficial relationships within relevant state and local agencies. Simply, the role works to promote and protect Skanska's reputation in the region.
This position reports to the Vice President and Head of Communications in New York.
What we're looking for
* A proactive self-starter and flexible team player
* Confident and capable writer; skilled storyteller, with the ability to persuade and audience
* Strong professional and interpersonal skills; a polished oral communicator with high EQ
* Highly organized project manager with ability to track and manage multiple deadlines
* Crisis management experience with a focus on construction, transportation or manufacturing
* A digital native who is able to visualize, distill and leverage our social/digital media landscape
* A media junkie who has their finger on NYC's media and political environment
* Visual thinker and creative professional, with experience in developing rich, compelling content
* Experienced third-party vendor and agency manager
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing
* Minimum five years of related experience, preferably at a national or global company or PR firm
* Experience in the A/E/C (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) industry preferred
Position is jointly based in Manhattan and Queens, NY. Position requires 25% travel to regional offices and project sites. Some last minute travel required to address crisis situations.
Time above and beyond normal business hours may be required to successfully complete projects and meet deadlines.