3M Application Engineer - Commercial Solutions Division in New South Wales, Australia
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
As a result of an internal promotion, we are excited to invite EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST for an Application Engineer to join our Commercial Solutions Division based in North Ryde. The successful applicant will be part of a highly reputable team of technical experts providing support to customers, distributors and internal 3M staff across a wide range of 3M products and technologies. We anticipate this opportunity becoming available in April for a mid-year start.
The role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provision of technical training to sales professionals, customer service, distributors and cleaning contractors
• Creating training packages and sales aids/customer tools for sales professionals, distributors, brand owners and end users.
• Direct technical support for the sales team, key customers and brand owners (e,g, Stocklands, Woolworths and Coles).
• Completion of product trials, field evaluations, audits and technical reports.
• Development of novel applications of existing products.
• Replication of successful product applications in adjacent markets.
• Understanding relevant standards, guidelines and regulations associated with floor care, Construction, EHS & Food Service industries.
• Assistance on product compliance assessment to relevant standards and regulations.
• Completing and ensuring product certifications are up to date for relevant ANZ and International standards.
• Product evaluation, testing, collaboration on design and or changes with R&D and development teams for New Product Introductions.
• Competitive product analysis.
• Acting as a conduit for voice of customer (VOC) or voice of market (VOM).
• Assistance in the resolution of quality complaints.
• Inter-state travel and night shifts as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have recognised Science Degree.
Background in the following areas will also be highly regarded:
• Experience in the Cleaning Industry specifically floor care;
• Good understanding of floor care machines as well as the products used in combination with them;
• Key account management experience amongst brand owners;
• Knowledge on Work Health and Safety regulations and associated codes of practice, standards and guidelines;
• Experience in data collection, analysis and technical writing.
• Project management experience;
• Good communication and teamwork skills;
• Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
• Safety Training (Cert IV Training Certification)
Why work for us:
This is a unique opportunity to work for a company that has been named the World’s Most Ethical Company for the fourth consecutive year by Ethisphere. Apart from that, 3M combines leadership with flexibility and recognition for its employees, as well as competitive salary and benefits. Besides which, this is a superfun opportunity to work with market leading brands in a company that is passionate about translating scientific innovation into ways that improve the consumer experience.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com.au or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
3M is science applied to life.
At 3M, we are in your cell phone. We are in your car. We are at your doctor’s office. You are never more than 10 feet from a 3M product.
3M helps make it possible for many other companies to do what they do.
At 3M, we produce a mind-bending 55,000 products. Our technology expertise started over 100 years ago with ceramics, turning minerals into sandpaper. This expertise has grown to span 46 technology platforms, with thousands of products and applications.
Our scientists are experts at combining our core technologies to invent a surprising range of products. Our people and our products reshape the way we live our lives every day.
From celebrating new ideas to uncovering fresh uses for tried and true products, 3M solves problems for people, for communities and customers around the world.