American Express Account Development Executive in New South Wales, Australia
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
As an Account Development Executive (ADE) within the Small Business Services (SBS) line of business, you will be focused on delivering premium value to our business clients primarily through telephone based & some face to face account management. You will be required to drive growth within a defined group of existing customers through a consultative selling and financial conversations approach to ensure maximum account penetration and new opportunity identification.
Your portfolio will consist of approximately 200 Australia based SBS customers. Your key focus will be embedding and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction through effective benefit reinforcement and utilisation and ultimately deliver strong billings growth. Emphasis is on your ability to maintain the client relationships from a range of different industries to drive increased usage of their American Express program. You will be required to create winning client strategies and account reviews. Day to day activities include, but are not limited to creating call plans, having consultative conversations to understand business needs then ensure you are demonstrating the value of the American Express products to uncover opportunities for growth.
To be effective, the ADE is required to interpret information from a variety of sources including customer conversations, internal resources and external sources to uncover and convert growth opportunities. Ensuring a positive customer experience with every interaction is paramount.
This role can be based either in Sydney or Melbourne
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive billings growth through application of consultative selling skills to identify and secure spend expansion opportunities
- Maximise retention to meet defined overall portfolio targets for growth
- Maintain a high level of knowledge for related products, underwriting policy, systems and processes
- Thinking conceptually and analytically to ensure we are maximizing the most positive customer experience
Partner with Global Merchant Services to improve perception of coverage to facilitate greater card member engagement and billings penetration. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Previous relationship management and consultative sales experience
- Ability to influence & grow the business through value added conversations
- Able to manage a large portfolio, prioritizing key accounts and opportunities
- Strong Pipeline management skills
- Able to engage with business owners and other stakeholders such as accountants, financial controllers or CFOs
- Ability to work collaboratively across diverse teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a team player, with a high focus on collaboration and sharing of ideas, and also able to work independently
Title: Account Development Executive
Location: Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Requisition ID: 18019185