MGM Resorts International Lead Showroom Usher (MGM National Harbor) in National Harbor, Maryland
National Harbor, Maryland
It is the primary duty of the Lead Usher to assist Management in the supervision and deployment of ushers. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures.
• Assists Management in training and staff development.
• Deploys staff as needed.
• Helps guests with any service requirements prior to and after event.
• Greets all guests with eye contact, a smile and a friendly welcoming greeting
• Addresses guests' service needs in a professional, positive and timely manner.
• Checks guest’s tickets and directs them to the correct seat while being courteous and professional.
• Directs patrons to restrooms, concession stands and telephones.
• Guides patrons to exits, maintains order and provides instructions or assistance during emergencies.
• Provides information upon guests’ request for any additional services such as property restaurants, services, shows and events.
• Sets up chairs based on reservations and management requirements; this includes adding and removing chairs.
• Sets up and removes ropes and stanchion for guests.
• Places appropriate signage at the entrance to the Showroom.
• Reports areas in need of repair and maintenance.
• Handles service requirements and guests relations prior to show.
• Assists with all guest functions.
• Assists manager in nightly show report including but not limited to show count, guest issues and show issues.
• Sweeps showroom for lost items and takes these to lost and found.
• Assists with other entertainment projects.
• Monitors door and guest entry and exit
• Monitors theatre throughout shows to for guest behaviors including but not limited to taking pictures, video recording and any possible disruptions.
• Monitors and minimizes overtime according to labor and departmental standards.
• Ensures staff motivation through recognition and engagement.
• Schedules and staffs for appropriate business levels.
• Monitors training of new employees to help them achieve higher goals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• At least one (1) year of experience in guest services, ticketing or theater.
• Bilingual abilities, per property needs.
• Prior supervisory experience.
• Prior experience in similar resort setting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Alcohol Awareness Card
• Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction. This includes greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, building trust, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset, taking ownership of guest issues or problems and taking action to quickly resolve them, and caring about and valuing guests.
• Presentation: The ability and willingness to present oneself with proper grooming, hygiene, and dress. This includes wearing appropriate and clean clothing/uniform and shoes, wearing hair in a neat and clean condition, maintaining personal cleanliness, ensuring neat and clean appearance of own work area, and ensuring property facilities are litter free.
• Communication: The ability to communicate information clearly and politely to coworkers, supervisors, and guests when speaking, writing, and reading English. This includes targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the needs of the receiver.
• Interpersonal Skills: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors. This includes being cooperative, approachable, and taking time to listen to and address others’ questions or concerns; treating others with kindness, respect, and dignity; and expressing empathy and compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others.
MGM Resorts International develops, builds and operates unique destination resorts designed to provide a total resort experience, including first-class accommodations and dining, world-class entertainment, state-of-the-art meeting and convention facilities, and high-quality retail and gaming experiences.
With 77,000+ employees, the Company is one of the world's leading global hospitality and entertainment companies with 23 resorts. We’re proud to be recognized for our commitment to being socially responsible, including an industry-leading diversity and inclusive culture, community engagement and philanthropy initiatives, and a commitment to environmentally sustainable approaches in development and operations.
While we operate leading resorts and amenities, ultimately it is the people of MGM Resorts who make the difference daily by providing the ultimate guest experience. We welcome you to join us.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at 1-844-247-0370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .