Comcast Tech 1, Headend in Nashville, Tennessee
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for installing, testing, operating, maintaining, and
repairing headend equipment. Periodically tests all equipment and the
quality of signals throughout the cable network. Maintains required
logs, records, and other documentation pertaining to headend operations.
Installs new technology as projects and department goals require.
Conducts quality control tests and measurements on new installations.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Performs advanced headend maintenance and troubleshooting to ensure
minimal system outages.
- Assists in the fault resolution of RF, IP, and Digital Video networks.
- Maintains an inventory of required parts for headend and OTN projects.
- Works within manufacturer's rated weight capacity for all equipment,
including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Technical Certificate
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer