Schneider Electric Principal Application Engineer - Protection Relays in Nashville, Tennessee
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to assume the position of Protection Relay Application Engineer for our US Energy Automation Business.
The engineer will provide technical support to internal and external customers applying our protective relay products and solutions in electric utility and industrial markets.
- Develop skills in protective relays and their applications, system protection, power systems, settings, and testing for our products.
- Help customers apply our products through the development training material, training, visits, demonstrations, and telephone contact.
- Contribute to market requirements, product specifications, application and testing software specifications, and product literature.
- Participate in marketing, industry technical meetings, and conferences
- Participate in sales activities, including identifying sales opportunities and technical support for quotation teams.
- Teach and lead in training classes for customers and our personnel.
- Maintain customer application and quality information, and develop industry relationships.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in power systems, industry practices, system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing
- Demonstrated experience in system protection, protective relays and their applications, control logic, settings, and testing and industry practices
- Strong technical training and customer service skills
- Ability to direct daily work activities with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel up to 40% within the U.S. for customer and sales support, teaching, and attending conferences
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, with emphasis in system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing
- Proven experience in a specific application
- Experience using Schneider Electric products
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-Nashville
Other Locations: US-Texas-Houston
Unposting Date: Jun 21, 2019, 12:59:00 PM
Req ID: 005F5B