Cigna Medicare Market Leader - TN Markets in Nashville, Tennessee
Asemployees supporting Cigna's Government Business, we believe in doingeverything we can to help our customers lead healthier, more securelives. We advocate for and partner with our customers, providers andstakeholders, and we do this by creating personalized, differentiated, andsimpler solutions throughout the customer lifecycle. We strive tomaximize the value we deliver through integration with core enterprisecapabilities. And, as stewards of taxpayer money, we’re committed todeploying resources wisely. In this way, Cigna’s GovernmentBusiness seeks to be the undisputed partner of choice for individual andgovernment-sponsored health plans and products.
CignaHealthSpring (CHS) offers Medicare Advantage, Part D and Medicaid solutionswithin the Cigna Government division.
TheMedicare Market Leader is the Cigna HealthSpring P&L owner for the market.
Successin this role will largely be determined by the Market Leaders’s ability tocommunicate the vision for a truly innovative and solution oriented networksstrategy for Cigna HealthSpring across its provider network considering everevolving policy and competitive marketplace adjustments and its subsequentpressure on price and access.
-Developing the local market CHS strategy to meet growth and financialperformance to support Cigna’s overall value proposition- with line of sightand alignment to all segment strategies represented in the local market todrive local market top-line and bottom-line growth.
-Develop and maintain strong provider engagement to result in both highperforming networks and becoming the undisputed partner of choice.
-Creating and leading initiatives resulting in improved customer retention,improved competitive positioning and increased membership and earnings growthwhile maintaining a strong brand reputation in the marketplace.
- TheMarket Leader is accountable for the results of their organization’s productportfolio while ensuring alignment with the Market Presidents who own theoverall Local Market Strategies (LMS).
-Comprehensive responsibility for the strategic development and execution of theCHS business in the market, leading teams made up of direct reports and matrixpartners to drive performance of the health plan and Cigna’s local market(multi-product) objectives.
-Protect and grow the earnings in the market; while supporting the achievementof cross-segment customer and earnings growth plan through effective P&Lexecution.
-Develop and implement contract structures and reimbursement methods to alignwith provider network to improve the measureable performance of the market andimprove the quality of care for health plan customers. Maintainthese relationships to improve total medical cost and position the market andmatrix partners for growth opportunities.
-Monitors financial / operational performance and drives outcomes of CHS matrixpartners inclusive of Distribution, Care Allies, STARs, Product, Actuary,Marketing, National Health Services and CCSE.
-Inspire a collaborative culture while achieving industry leading Net PromoterScores.
-Accountable CHS leader in local, multi-product local market strategydevelopment and execution in partnership with Cigna’s Commercial and Governmentbusiness drawing upon competitive intelligence to refine strategy and improveperformance.
-Influences/ negotiates product, price and services development to ensure valueand competitiveness.
- Leadand participate in cross-geography business initiatives with market leaders andmatrix partners across the CHS segment.
- Faceof Cigna-HealthSpring in the community, developing a strong Cigna andCigna-HealthSpring brand, in partnership with other Cigna leaders in themarket.
-Attract, recruit, hire, develop, mentor, coach and retain top talent.
-Development of a high performance team to deliver on market strategies.
Assemblyand direction of a management team that will promote a long-term vision in themarket, and rewards/ encourages accountability while recognizing individualityand diversity.
-Delivers on both a short and long term business-driven strategic talent planthat ensures continuous, high quality, diverse talent to enable execution ofthe local market strategy.
- Seekout and develop bench strength for the most critical roles in the market.
-Drive change leadership to best align the organization in a rapidly evolvingindustry and marketplace.
- Bachelor’s Degree stronglypreferred; MBA desirable.
- Strong Medicare Advantageexperience required.
-Influential leader that can work in a dynamic environment with multiplestakeholders.
-Ability to assume broader organizational responsibilities aswarranted.
- Leader from a large, complexmanaged care organization or provider system with an innovative risk orientedcapability with a proven ability to lead a business unit that is bothanalytical and customer oriented from a strategic and operational perspective.
- Demonstrated results in being ableto think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, andincorporate them into both a short-term and long-term organizational plan.
- Proven success in developingstrategic and operational platforms and leading / mentoring a high-performancemanagement team.
- Strong influencing and negotiationskills, distribution management, contracting and network savvy, business ownermindset and ability to successfully lead in an ambiguous and changing market withthe evolution of healthcare reform, collaborative care and delivery systemalliance development and expansion, and the need for governmental influence andsavvy.
- Proven track record of exceedinggoals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistentlymake good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, andjudgment; high level of business acumen, including the ability to balance thedelivery of programs against the realities of a budget; allocates resources andmanages operating expenses to maximize P&L while managing risk.
- Effective communicator to executivelevel staff and external audiences balanced with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience building strong andauthentic relationships with large health systems and provider groups.
- Experience and depth ofunderstanding in each of the core dependent areas including Network Operations,Care Allies, Provider Relations, Distribution, National Health Services andCCSE such that they can leverage support needed to deliver the right customeror health care professional solution.
- Creative problem solving andanalytical thinking with a perspective of our provider partners andcustomers.
- Experience in business managementwith responsibility for day-to-day management of short and long-term goals andobjectives, health care expenditures, department budgets, and human resourcemanagement.
- Enterprise thinker with provenability to influence across a matrix environment. Ability to develop relationshipsacross all levels of the organization, as well as externally.
- Demonstrated ability to managecomplex systems and change management across a large organization.
- A team player with experience incomplex environments with the ability to build consensus among divergentinterests and competing organizational needs.
- Capable of effectively messagingdetailed value propositions to key stakeholders that blends operational knowhow and technical skills with market savvy and vision/strategy.
- Ability to assume broaderorganizational responsibilities as warranted.
Primary Location: Nashville-Tennessee
Job: Bus Ops--Operations Mgmt (Bus)
Employee Status: Manager of Managers
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2018, 11:30:53 AM
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. Need an accommodation? Email: SeeYourself@cigna.com