TD Bank Sr. Manager, Compensation in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Auto req ID 224890BR
Job Title Sr. Manager, Compensation
Employment Type Regular
Time Type Full Time
Country United States
Province/State New Jersey
City Mount Laurel
Work Location 4140 Church Road
Business Line TD Bank AMCB
Job Family Specialized HR
Job Category - Primary Human Resources
Job Category(s) Human Resources
TD Description About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Compensation Lead assumes responsibility for the U.S. Compensation advisors/staff, systems, policies, and
procedures and directs staff in the planning, administration, and implementation of various programs, plans, and activities. The Compensation Lead ensures internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of Compensation programs and provides department and corporate context and vision for business partner and subordinate leadership activities. The Compensation Lead works cross‐organizationally with HR Business Partners and departments to ensure compensation plans and practices meet the needs of the Company. The job partners with executive management to develop any necessary changes in Compensation policy or plans based on business requirements. The job also provides overall leadership for Compensation, Payroll, and HRIS departments through subordinate leadership structures.
• Assumes responsibility for the U.S. Compensation advisors/staff, systems, policies, and procedures according to established Company procedures and applicable legal and regulatory guidelines. Directs staff in the planning,administration, and implementation of various programs, plans, and activities. Assists with the development and implementation of successful base pay, variable pay, long term, executive, and specialty programs.
• Manages staff directly and through subordinate managers; provides direction, sets goals and ensures that various areas manage toward overall division and region/group objectives. Leads the development and implementation of lending strategies, policies and goals, including budget in coordination with other division and region/group management.
• Ensures internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of Compensation programs. Provides department and corporate context and vision for business partner and subordinate leadership activities.
• Works cross‐organizationally with HR Business Partners and departments to ensure compensation plans and practices meet the needs of the Company. Partners with executive management to develop any necessary changes in Compensation policy or plans based on business requirements.
• Participates in the development and implementation of base and variable compensation programs; manages program costs within corporate budget goals and objectives.
• Participates in the determination of Companywide and region‐specific pay structures and ensures consistency in
application of job evaluation processes. Acts as an advisor and consultant to executive management in the development of organizational and pay structures.
• Recommends new and modified long term and short term compensation plans to management to enhance
competitiveness and equity.
• Oversees the development of budget assumptions and recommendations for the Company salary expense budget. Collaborates with Finance Department on Budget tracking addressing variances and recommending corrective action where appropriate.
• Maintains knowledge of best practices in compensation by attending conferences/seminars and through independent research.
• Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
• 4 Year Degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ Years of related experience
• Previous Compensation management experience a must.
• Expert knowledge of compensation principles and practices.
• Excellent change management and project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to delegate authority and responsibility.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with and consult with all levels of Company management.
• Strong background in analytical and statistical mathematics.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• In depth knowledge of organizational structure and business policy.
• Some travel required.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey
City (Primary) Mount Laurel
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.