Honeywell Senior IT Program Manager in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Senior IT Program Manager
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Responsible for providing project and program management expertise in the development of IT strategy and assuring effective delivery of multiple complex projects and/or programs within Honeywell IT, ensuring both schedule and budget fidelity. You will lead a team as a Scrum Master, lead retrospectives and knock down barriers while overseeing programs or projects, managing budget and resource plans, and identifying and resolving conflicts and dependencies. Accountable for deploying standardized work, project management methodologies, governance and tools to enable consistent, high quality, agile and waterfall project management style execution of IT projects across the Enterprise.
Ensure learnings are shared across the organization to enable higher productivity.
Manage stakeholder expectations by demonstrating and communicating key indicators of improved effectiveness on a periodic basis
Contribute in improving IT processes, program and change management.
Facilitate a culture of openness, transparency, experimentation, honest introspection, continuous improvement, learning and sharing.
Effectively manage project financials, including purchase orders, internal labor, capital/expense breakdown, actuals, and accurate monthly forecasting to minimize cost variance.
Ensure application of Organizational Change Management (OCM) best practices to manage stakeholders and prepare the organization for the changes to come. A well-defined communication plan and execution is part of this responsibility.
25 Budget and resource allocation
25 Provide project updates
25 Develop project plans
25 Project planning and implementation
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline with 5 years of experience managing Programs/large complex projects; or High School Diploma with 8 years of experience managing Programs/large complex projects
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience managing projects using Agile concepts, practices and tools
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience managing project financials and related metrics, including purchase orders, internal labor, capital/expense breakdown, actuals, and accurate monthly forecasting to minimize cost variance
- Experience in Waterfall project management methods
- PMP certification preferred
- Agile certification preferred
- Strong leadership, program and change management skills
- Ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision, driving "fast and right" results in matrixed environment
- Wide and deep understanding of key program management practices with strong business acumen and customer focus
- Consistently makes timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Experience creating business value through project planning and management
- Conveys information with clarity and directness, ensuring the message is understood across diverse, global teams
- Mentor and guide peers on project management standards and tools
Conveys specific, observable, and/or measurable expectations for each assignment, and verifies understanding and agreement on deliverables and timeframes
How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD61498
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 115 Tabor Road, Morris Plains, NJ 07950 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.
- Honeywell Jobs