St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Medical Receptionist - OBGYN ($3,000.00 Sign-on Bonus) in Mission Viejo, California
Job Summary : As the first person our patients interact with, Mission Heritage Medical Group, a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health is seeking a Medical Receptionist who conducts all business functions with an upbeat attitude and in a courteous manner. In this position you will create memorable positive patient experiences while working under the direction of the Practice Manager, while supporting our physicians and providers; ensuring the medical office is running effectively and efficiently. At Mission Heritage Medical Group, we strive to know our patients, care for them and ease their way. If this excites you and aligns with your well-being, apply with us!
Essential Functions :
• Promptly answers incoming calls, screening and routing appropriately.
• Responsible for using proper registration protocols with all new patients, editing existing patient data, and utilizing proper visit types.
• Verifies insurance eligibility for patients in advance of their visit.
• Maintains knowledge of all providers’ schedules and restrictions. Inputs registration demographic and insurance information into the computer.
• Welcomes patients and visitors to the medical office. Obtains all required information to register patients. Ensures/assists patient in completing all forms and routes those forms to the appropriate caregivers.
• Schedules, confirms, cancels, and reschedules patient appointments
• Checks patient out at the end of visit in accordance with office procedures.
• Arrives all patient appointments in the electronic scheduling system. If patients do not show for their appointments, changes the status within the scheduling system.
• Responsible for collecting all verified payments from patients, posting payments in the electronic scheduling system, maintaining money drawer, balancing daily payments and reconciling daily completed batches.
• Oversees the front area for cleanliness, safety and continuous awareness of patients and visitors; alerting supervisor of any potential issues.
• Performs general clerical duties including faxing, copying, filing, distribution of memos and daily schedules etc. as needed and maintains needed supplies to conduct daily work.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Qualifications :
Education : High School Graduate or GED required.
Experience : Entry level with previous customer relations experience.
Computer Skills : Basic computer skills in a Windows operating environment including Microsoft Word, and an e-mail system.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities :
• General knowledge of healthcare insurance and terminology.
• Requires good written and verbal communications skills to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent phone skills, includi
• Ability to handle cash transactions and balance cash drawers.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced department and handle multiple tasks, work with interruptions, and deal effectively with confidential information.
• Must have excellent public relations and customer service skills.
• Must have a professional and mature demeanor.
• Excellent organizational abilities.
Preferred Position Qualifications :
• 1-2 years' experience working as a Medical Receptionist in the healthcare industry. Medical Assistant experience (either front office or back office) is preferred.
• Experience in knowledge of patient payment collections is desired.
License / Certification : Medical Assistant, Billing, or Front Office Management certification from an accredited vocational school is preferred, but not required.
Computer Skills :
• Basic knowledge of computer applications (Word, Windows, Outlook) is required.
• Experience with EMR and electronic scheduling strongly preferred.
Other : Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills is preferred.
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Health Care