Volunteers of America- Minnesota Aide I - Assisted Living in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Aide I - Assisted Living
Position Status- These are PAID positions.
Full-Time, Part-Time, and Overnight Shifts Available
Independence Safety Dignity Social Fun
YOU CAN BE THE DIFFERENCE! We want talented and compassionate employees who treat our residents like they would their own treasured family.
As a key member of our program care team, our Assisted Living Aides provide food service in the dining room and in the apartments of our program participants. Your outgoing and warm personality is needed to create social fun for our program members. In addition,
your care and attention to housekeeping and laundry services give you the important responsibility for promoting and ensuring a healthy environment.
This is not a job; it is a career, where YOU WILL MATTER TO US…and you will share your strengths and talents to matter to others. Living through service to others is the top reason our Aides thrive in what they do and they choose to work with US because we
see people differently. Here, all people matter and we know that in order to ensure stellar care for program members, we need to take stellar care of our employees.
If you are known to possess good interpersonal skills, follow directions easily, are responsible, accountable and reliable, this role may be an ideal fit for you. We offer advancement consideration and pay that is relevant to your skills and background, in
addition to benefits that are determined based on your full-time or part-time status.
What You Will Do:
• Provide food service in the dining room and in program participant apartments, and ensure program participants have nutritious, well-prepared meals served in a pleasant manner
• Create opportunities for socialization
• Perform housekeeping and laundry services that result in program participants having a well-maintained and healthy environment
• Administer medication
• Assist with activities of daily living for clients (bathing, dressing) in a caring manner
• Perform delegated nursing tasks (blood pressure checks, blood sugar checks, etc)
What We Need from You:
• Must meet all state requirements for the position, including criminal background check
• Must be interested in working directly with elderly
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to easily follow directions
• High sense of responsibility and reliability
• Experience and/or sensitivity to working with people of all cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• High school graduate or equivalent preferred, but not mandatory
• Home Health Aide certification preferred
• Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) preferred
Assisted/Customized Living Programs - provide participants with supervision by nursing and other professional staff, as well as assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) provided by universal caregivers onsite in our existing rent-subsidized communities.
The Senior Community Services program offers a variety of services to seniors.
About the Organization
Volunteers of America Minnesota is a nonprofit health and human services organization that annually serves more than 25,000 children, adolescents and their families, older adults, students, persons with disabilities and special needs, and adults completing
incarceration. Since 1896, we have helped people gain self-reliance, dignity and hope.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41