Curtiss-Wright Corporation Senior Quality Engineer in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The Opportunity: Senior Quality Engineer
A Division of a global leader in metal processing services seeks a dynamic individual to join our management team. As Senior Quality Engineer, the selected person will maintain overall responsibility for quality system implementation and effectiveness within the division, while ensuring alignment with organization, industry, customer and regulatory expectations. Our system focuses on operational efficiency and continuous improvement. This position reports to the Division Manager.
- Formulate and execute quality assurance objectives in alignment with Corporate and Divisional goals.
- Ensure complete alignment with our ISO9001 & AS9100 quality system.
- Document procedures used in job setting on a part by part basis
- Direct inspector to ensure continual and effective control over materials, facilities, processes and products
- Interface with members of the management team to enhance overall operation of the facility
- Develop and maintain audit functions ensuring quality systems and processes are consistent with internal documentation, standards and customer requirements
- Drive corrective and preventive action processes ensuring full identification of issues, root cause analysis and validation ensuring quality systems are effective
- Establish and maintain budgetary responsibilities for the quality department
- Plan, promote and organize training activities to develop competencies in quality and inspection activities, while supporting overall employee development activities of the division.
- Communicate with customers promoting the quality agenda and host audits to demonstrate compliance.
- Develop continuous improvement initiatives that integrate Total Quality Management and Lean concepts.
- Provide directions and management of the facilities' quality technician(s) and others as identified
- Issues certifications in accordance with internal and/or customer specific requirements.
- Maintain logs, files, databases, test reports, batch sheets, and calibration records as required for incoming materials, equipment, and facility-processed items
- An academic degree in Quality Management, Engineering, Operations Management or Business Management
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience as a Quality Engineer with preferred exposure to the Industrial, heat treat, and/or coatings industries.
- Experience within industrial manufacturing environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Functional understanding of ISO9001, AS9100, or TS quality system standards. Experience with NADCAP a plus.
- Ideal candidate will have a NDT Level 2 or Level 3 certification for Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- The ability to interpret customer specifications and engineering drawings
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled