Brightline Transactional Legal Administrative Assistant in Miami, Florida
General Admin & Executive
Brightline provides a unique and enriching opportunity to be a part of a new transportation alternative that is keenly focused on hospitality and guest service. Legal Department ensures that Brightline projects have the appropriate legal structure to provide counsel to senior management with respect to all aspects of our business.
As an essential member of the legal team, you will be responsible for reporting to 3 attorneys practicing in business, finance and government relations and be able to handle day-to-day work challenges, adjust to multiple demands, priorities and rapid change. Also, you will be to function in a fast-paced environment and possess proven advanced knowledge of Office 2016 to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro, and Outlook.
- Performs a wide variety of administrative tasks.
- Maintains calendars and schedules meetings in Outlook.
- Coordinates the process of opening new matters.
- Coordinates travel arrangements as needed.
- Composes routine correspondence.
- Creates binders and maintains filing system for both company contracts and law department files.
- Responds to phone calls and emails in a professional manner.
- Develops and maintains smooth working relationships with staff, attorneys and teammates.
- Ensures that all documents have been proofread, edited and revised as necessary for accuracy, format, grammar, and punctuation.
- Extensive redlining work with organization of successive iterations.
- We are a new business model – agile and evolving. The job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you’ll do.
- Requires 2 to 5 years of legal secretarial experience, specifically in a commercial law firm or corporation.
- Must possess excellent proofreading and editing skills as well as the ability to function independently and possess good follow through.
- Ability to type at least 75 words per minute with accuracy.
- Required to edit large documents in a timely manner with close attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions.
- Thorough familiarity with legal terminology pertinent to general legal concepts and specific area(s) of assignment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Also required are advanced skills in redlining
- Ability to perform clerical tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- An ownership mentality – sees tasks through to completion. Goes the extra step to proactively seek out answers to problems that may fall outside his/her area of expertise.
Posted: July 20, 2018