American Tower Administrative Assistant in Miami, Florida
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of office support duties in the Company’s Miami, Fla., office, including drafting a variety of standard documents and correspondence, scheduling calendar items and meetings, making travel arrangements, data entry, establishing and maintaining records, and assisting with coordination of office events and activities. The incumbent greets and notifies the appropriate Company representative about all visitors including customers, vendors and job applicants, answers the reception telephone, screens and directs calls, and takes messages. The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for the general appearance and related functionality of common areas, including the lobby and conference rooms and the equipment located therein, and assists with building maintenance requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
• Perform a wide variety of assignments which are sometimes confidential in nature; draft, edit, revise, and print letters, presentations, reports, and other materials.
• Perform a range of staff and/or operational support activities; may serve as a liaison on basic administrative and/or operational matters.
• Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and faxes.
• Draft or prepare responses to routine inquiries.
• Establish, maintain, process, and update files, records, and other documents.
• Arrange meetings, conferences, and appointments and perform other duties related to maintaining one or more individual schedules; make travel and lodging arrangements.
• Manage all incoming calls by answering them promptly and ensuring that the caller is directed appropriately.
• Greet guests in a professional, courteous, hospitable manner.
• Open visitor and common areas upon arrival to office (i.e., turn on lights, deliver newspapers, organize kitchens and conference rooms, etc.).
• Track and order general office supplies and supplies for office equipment.
• Place service calls on office equipment and monitor repair status on line.
• Log, sort, and notify employees about delivered packages.
• Oversee conference room scheduling.
• Keep main common areas (e.g., lobby and conference rooms) clean.
• Assist with office event planning and other projects.
• Assist other teams with meeting preparation.
• Assist visiting international employees with lodging and transportation.
OTHER DUTIES :
• Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
• Detail oriented; able to multitask and meet deadlines.
• Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
• Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to requests and with others.
• Solid focus on customer service.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent telephone etiquette skills.
• Verbal and written proficiency in both English and Spanish.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• College degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a professional office environment required.
• Oracle experience preferred.
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Travel is not required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
To ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
- American Tower Jobs