The Suburban Collection General Sales Manager (Automotive Experience Required) in Metro Detroit Area, Michigan
The Suburban organization believes that its strength, continued success, future growth and profitability depend on building trusting relationships with our employees, customers and industry partners.
Individual and organizational pride are critical elements of our future. Our people make all the difference. This belief fosters a commitment to provide opportunities for growth and new challenges for our employees so they may achieve professional development and personal fulfillment. Working with our local communities, we help and support those people and organizations whose fulfillment enhances their quality of life as it does our own.
We will continually strive to define, improve and operate by setting the highest standards in the retail automobile industry.
What We Offer
- Unparalleled training program - One of the top Sales and Service Training Programs in the area
- Family-oriented work environment with an open-door policy
- Opportunity to earn The Suburban Collection President’s Club Award
- Vacation pay
- Celebration of work anniversaries, birthdays, and new team members in our monthly newsletter, The Scoop
- Almost limitless growth opportunities - 32 different automotive brands in over 44 locations
- Ranked #26 on Crain’s 2017 Fast 50: Fastest-Growing Companies
- 401k with company match
- Maternity leave
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance - 2x annual income
- Company-wide wellness program (open to all employees and spouses)
- Company stability - 70 years, continual growth, largest auto group in Michigan, 14th largest in US, annual sales in excess of $2 billion in 2014 Responsibilities* Hire, train, and develop a team of automotive salespeople
- Coach salespeople on standard methodologies for closing deals and provide mentorship to improve sales performance
- Set sales goals, track progress, and lead team to achieve and exceed those quotas
- Assist customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses
- Explain product performance, application, and benefits to prospective customers
- Describe all optional equipment/products available for customer purchase
- Perform high-quality, professional, and knowledgeable presentation and demonstration of new/used vehicles
- Learn to overcome objections, close sales, and perform all other steps of the sales process in accordance with company standards
- Provide training and support to the sales staff and assist in closing deals Qualifications* Previous dealership and management experience a huge plus
- Leadership skills with a real passion for training fellow employees
- Enthusiasm with high energy throughout the sales workday
- Goal-oriented, friendly personality, especially when negotiating pricing
- Attention to detail and problem solving capabilities
- Quality customer service, communication, computer and basic math skills
- Clean driving record & valid driver’s license We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.