Cigna Urgent Care Operations Manager in Mesa, Arizona
This position is fully accountable for the financial (profit/loss) and operational integrity of the CIGNA Urgent Care Centers. All non-provider personnel will report up through this position. The Manager will be an integral part of the matrix medical management team. This position will report directly to an Operations Leader. Responsibilities include working with, communicating, directing, planning, organizing, financial/operational monitoring, and integrating group practice operations in order to facilitate the delivery of cost effective, high quality healthcare services in an ever-changing environment. Actively drives and achieves results with accountable matrix partners.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Accountable for the successful operation of multiple urgent care centers.
- Manages urgent care supervisors and enables the implementation of strategic priorities through this layer of management.
- Effectively organizes staff, sets goals, and guidelines for all urgent care centers.
- Manages all aspects of employees from hiring, performance management, discipline, development, and rewards.
- Provide effective leadership for all staff by establishing open communications, mentoring, training guidance and articulating clearly defined goals and objectives tying to medical group’s strategies.
- Participates in projects that support strategic organizational initiatives.
- Lead staff in going through change processes stressing an entrepreneurial/innovative approach in creating a strong group practice.
- Participates with internal and external Matrix partners to set direction and achieve goals.
- Mentors, coaches and evaluates staff to assure the effective development and utilization of human resource potential to promote an environment where goals and objectives may be achieved.
Encompasses the duties and responsibilities of the role of UC Clinical Supervisor and RNII such as strong clinical skills and ability to care for patients if the need arises.
NOTE: The above is not intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be and exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor.
Complexity and Scope
This position coordinates and provides direct care for patients including patient education, telephone assessment and triage. This requires an assessment of the patients’ current clinical symptoms and identification of pertinent medical history. The RN manages clinically complex patient situations and provides guidelines to LPNs to facilitate patient care and coordination of services in the managed care setting. Incumbents work in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service.
Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments; physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other healthcare institutions community providers and agencies concerning the healthcare of the patient. Interacts with other healthcare providers in numerous settings in order to report and ask for or clarify information.
- 3 years experience as an Emergency Room/Urgent Care Manager.
- Strong clinical skills.
- Experience managing in a profit and loss business environment.
- Ability to manage diverse employees ranging from business support to healthcare professionals.
- BSN or RN with a Bachelors degree in healthcare administration or related field or equivalent (preferred).
- Excellent communication, leadership, teambuilding and quantitative analysis skills.
- Ability to develop strategies and plans to meet customer needs; develop provider relationships; manager and support values and vision.
- Proficiency in computer applications preferred
- RN with current unrestricted Arizona license
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS certification
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Computer skills.
- Customer centric.
Primary Location: Mesa-Arizona
Work Locations: 1840 S Stapley Road Suite 101 Mesa 85204
Job: Bus Ops--Operations Mgmt (Bus)
Employee Status: Manager of Managers
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2018, 1:51:12 PM
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. Need an accommodation? Email: SeeYourself@cigna.com