Precision Castparts Corp. Wax Area Manager in Mentor, Ohio
Principal Area of Responsibility: Responsible for the management, directing, and coordination of manufacturing operation for designated departments. Ensures the achievement of production requirements, necessary quality and reliability requirements, on time delivery, and lowest cost. These objectives are achieved in part by delegating authority to Engineering, Information Systems, Purchasing and motivating the Mentor production workforce. Responsible for and delivering results through; Lean Manufacturing techniques and philosophies, 6S, TOC, Six Sigma and problem solving.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering related curriculum. Extensive training in manufacturing, accounting, manufacturing processes leadership, group motivation and behavior.
Personal Characteristics: Able to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality/ quantity. Able to work flexible hours with a history of dependability as demonstrated with strong attendance record. Comfortable using a team approach to problem solving. Have strong sense of urgency. Individual must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
Work Experience: Background in related area of Engineering, Operations, and Material Management. Successful experience in related production operations with a minimum 7-10 years in supervision and management
• Achievement of TOC, variable cost, and LU, targets daily, weekly, monthly.
• Ensure adherence to process control procedures, operating instructions, and all quality control instructions.
• Prime responsibility to safely manufacture a quality product with minimal scrap or rework, while meeting customer specifications and delivery commitments.
• Ensures that the legal requirements and company safety policy are enforced.
• Establishes and executes annual operating budgets for area under supervision. Responsible to make or beat the budget. Takes appropriate action to correct deviations from budgets or operating plans.
• Formulates long and short-range strategies for continuous improvements for all plant manufacturing functions.
• Control quality, delivery, cost of production, work in process levels, and monitors production through manufacturing planning.
• Recommends and purchases new equipment for expansion, efficiency, cost reductions, quality or improvement.
• Maintains and enhances a team environment and motivates the Mentor production workforce.
Requisition ID: 177226.12