SRI International Robotics Controls Research Engineer in Menlo Park, California
Robotics Controls Research Engineer
SRI Robotics is seeking an exceptional, talented Controls Research Engineer to focus on the development of several cutting-edge, novel transmissions including our Abacus Drive and Inception Drive, and to assist in our telemanipulation platform enhancements. These technologies have the potential to dramatically improve the state of the art in robotics manipulation and locomotion; they also offer unique opportunities for novel control strategies. The ideal candidate will be passionate and motivated to leverage these component technologies, paired with additional SRI proprietary technologies, to create a game-changing robotic platform capable of impacting a breadth of government and commercial markets.
• Design and implement novel control systems with online optimization for robotic manipulation and locomotion
• Analysis and modeling of robotic systems in support of hardware design and optimization
• Assist with system integration and hardware in the loop validation
Auto req ID:
Menlo Park, CA
--U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency Required
• MS or PhD in controls related field (e.g. mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, computer science, etc.)
• 5+ years of advanced graduate or professional experience developing and implementing control algorithms
• U.S. Citizenship preferred; U.S. Permanent Residency considered
• Must possess ability and passion to quickly understand complex three-dimensional kinematics and dynamics concepts to apply on project
• Experience with system integration of complex mechatronic systems
• Good communication skills and autonomy are critical
• Experience with C++/Matlab/Simulink/ROS/Python
• A track record of documented original ideas (patents, novel designs, publications, etc.)
• Experience modeling and optimizing complex electromechanical systems is a plus
• Experience in force control is a plus
• Machine learning background is a plus
• Real-time FPGA programming is a plus
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be subject to a background check.
- SRI International Jobs