Freddie Mac Shared Info Support, Sr in McLean, Virginia
McLean, VA 2
Full Time/Part Time:
Are you looking for a challenging new opportunity? Freddie Mac’s Single Family Division is currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer who enjoys data and building data storage platforms and solutions! The ideal candidate has a passion for data analysis, technology and helping people leverage the technology to transform their business processes and analytics. As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a great team responsible for building shared data solutions supporting a wide range of internal customers on use cases that include but not limited to business self-service BI/Analytics, Reporting, Modeling, R&D, adhoc analysis, and transactional needs. You will draw on all the skills in your toolkit to analyze, design, and develop data storage and data analytic solutions using data lake patterns, that help our customers run more effective operations and make better business decisions. If this is what you are looking for, keep reading!
The responsibilities fall into 2 categories: Development and Project Management.
• Design and Develop Data pipelines to ingest data into the Data Lake to support shared needs
• Determine appropriate translations and validations between source data and target databases
• Implement business logic to cleanse & transform data
• Design and implement appropriate error handling procedures
• Develop project, documentation and storage standards
• Monitor performance, troubleshoot and tune data ingestion and data consumption processes as appropriate using tools like in the Hadoop and AWS ecosystem.
• Create and automate ETL mappings to consume loan level data source applications to target applications
• Execution of end to end implementation of underlying data ingestion workflow.
• Leverage and align work to appropriate resources across the team to ensure work is completed in the most efficient and impactful way
• Understand capabilities of and current trends in Data Engineering domain
Work Location Zip Code:
• At least 5 years of experience developing in Hadoop, Unix, Python, Spark
• Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience in data engineering, statistics, data science or a related field.
• Experience working with different Databases and understanding of data concepts (including data warehousing, data lake patterns, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data)
• 5+ years’ experience of Data Storage/Hadoop platform implementation, including 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Hadoop/Spark implementations.
• Implementation and tuning experience specifically using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR).
• Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
• Experience writing automated unit, integration, regression, performance and acceptance tests
• Solid understanding of software design principles
Key to success in this role
• Strong consultation and communication skills
• Ability to work with and collaborate across the team and where silos exist
• Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and how to do things better
• Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
• Partnership - Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
• Drive for Execution – Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
• Customer Focus – Personally engage with customers to learn their needs
Work Location City:
Senior Big Data Engineer
• Understanding of Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem. Experience with one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Hive, Atlas, Ranger, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, NiFi, HBase, Solr, Avro).
• Deep knowledge on Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) and distributed processing techniques such as Map-Reduce
• Experience with Columnar databases like Snowflake, Redshift
• Experience in building and deploying applications in AWS (EC2, S3, Hive, Glue, EMR, RDS, ELB, Lambda, etc.)
• Experience with building production web services
• Experience with cloud computing and storage services
• Knowledge of Mortgage industry
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Information Technology (IT)