The MITRE Corporation Senior Systems Engineer (TS/SCI Polygraph Clearance) in McLean, Virginia
Senior Systems Engineer (TS/SCI Polygraph Clearance)
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees.
Key Functions: Assist the sponsor with the following systems engineering functions:
- Defining expectations for new and evolving capabilities through requirements analysis and the development of Concept of Operations. Help define the scope of the necessary technical trades to evaluate new capabilities.
- Perform independent assessments of selected contractor technologies and systems to meet the sponsor’s unique needs. Provide objective advice on
establishing more effective interfaces across systems.
- Support feasibility and readiness assessments for key milestones including project kick-off, design reviews, test events and system deployment.
- Review technical aspects of program plans, acquisition plans, acquisition strategy and associated documentation to help achieve sponsor’s implementation objectives.
- Identify opportunities to leverage MITRE research and technology that supports sponsor outcomes.
- Document findings in writing and be able to present/defend findings to senior Sponsor and MITRE management.
- This position is primarily located at Sponsor site in Northern VA.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following technical domains: Software engineering, network engineering, security engineering, signal processing, and/or communications systems.
- Experience and/or background in the software system development/integration and requirements development processes.
- Capable of providing objective assessments, strategic planning and data analysis.
- Ability to interact with the Sponsor staff to effectively facilitate systems engineering and influence decision making.
- Guide sponsor through changing and evolving environments using a disciplined systems engineering approach.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team consisting of MITRE, industry and government members.
- Technical writing, presentation and good customer relationship skills are necessary.
- A proven track record of leadership, teamwork, collaboration and teambuilding skills with the ability to perform in a dynamic environment.
- Candidate should be capable of dealing with a wide range of staff and management across MITRE, sponsor, and development organizations.
- Prior experience interacting with engineering teams throughout the development and implementation process of complex systems.
- Prior experience as an individual contributor or lead in research projects for an R&D organization.
Minimum Qualifications: BS Degree, Polygraph clearance, and 5 years' related experience.
Job Systems Engineering
Primary Location United States-Virginia-McLean
Travel Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting Oct 16, 2018, 8:43:07 AM
Req ID: 00051383
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.