Freddie Mac Project Mgmt Sr in McLean, Virginia
McLean, VA 4
Full Time/Part Time:
Are you someone who thrives on solving problems? Are you passionate about delivering results to your stakeholders? Can you act as a business lead and mortgage industry subject matter expert (SME)?
If you are an effective communicator and have proven experience in project management, we are your next destination employer! Apply to join Freddie Mac’s Single-Family Strategic Partnership Team - as our newest Project Management Senior.
The Strategic Business Partner group is responsible for managing Industry Partner relationships, distribution and implementation of Freddie Mac technology solutions and building on Freddie Mac’s leadership position in the Mortgage Industry.
This role will ensure alignment between project activities, product offerings and negotiate with the business partners and other stakeholders on implementation of Freddie Mac’s business and technology capabilities.
Your work falls into two primary categories: Project Management & Communications
• Leverage mortgage experience to ensure that partner projects and relationships are fully developed, communicated and understood.
• Work with different teams to identify opportunities for efficiency in project planning and execution to provide an optimized partner experience while balancing project, customer and partner risk appropriately.
• Work with business partners to document and understand requirement needs and challenge the team to create inspiring solutions.
• Work with project teams and stakeholders to ensure that business requirements gaps or issues are resolved in a transparent and timely manner.
• Create and review project plans and status and rapidly mobilize resources to address risks and issues in the development space.
• Ensure that account plans and requirements are followed through the project life-cycle.
• Demonstrate ownership of problems, issues, or requests from start to finish. Facilitate appropriate handoffs, but track the item through resolution. Escalate proposed or actual solutions that do not adequately resolve the problem or satisfy the stated need.
• Effectively manage assigned efforts with the use of standard project management tools, including project work plans, issue logs, status reporting and the facilitation and documentation of effective meetings
• Work independently while driving and managing assignments from concept through deployment/launch.
• Leverage mortgage experience to categorize a project risks and identify and mitigate new risks.
Work Location Zip Code:
SF Strategic Delivery
• At least 7 years of business analysis experience in the mortgage industry. * MUST HAVE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE to be considered.
• Bachelor’s degree or commensurate mortgage industry experience.
• Experience in the primary/secondary mortgage market.
• Ability to rapidly learn key business design concepts of given project being developed and internal project tools and project management methodology / related processes.
• Ability to support multiple concurrent high priority projects in various capacities (i.e., lead one or more projects while supporting one or more projects).
• Ability to analyze, document, develop and manage complex business processes, think analytically and solve problems.
• Ability to work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders, external customers, external stakeholders and matrixed teams.
• Liaison between Strategy, Customer, Project, Product and business area groups to ensure that scope items for a partner imitative are accurately implemented and tested from the business perspective.
• Project management experience using standard project management tools; collecting, writing and maintaining business requirements; maintaining action item trackers, issue and risks logs; managing budgets and reporting and facilitation of effective project team meetings; ability to work as an influencer.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to multiple types of audiences and ability to interact cross-functionally and drive both business and technical discussions.
• Proficient in Excel, MS Project and Visio and analyzing metrics, data and project financials.
Keys to Success:
• Self-starter / independent thinker: demonstrated ambition to take on new roles with increasing responsibility with limited guidance and direction from management
• Proven track record of driven, results-oriented, creative and nimble problem-solving capabilities and a willingness to do “whatever it takes” to deliver business value quickly.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment and manage multiple tasks.
• Highly organized and detailed oriented.
• Partnership: Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
• Drive for Execution: Treat challenges as obstacles to overcome, not excuses
• Customer Focus: Seek and use data and feedback to enhance customer outcomes
• Seek and Embrace Change: Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
• Growth and Development: Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
Work Location City:
Project Management Senior - Mortgage
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Mortgage & Underwriting