Cognosante Intermediate Technical Project Manager in McLean, Virginia
Travel: 10% / Flexible
Remote Work Option: Yes
The Intermediate Technical Project Manager supports our VA clients in their cloud operations to enhance, optimize, and maintain their computing capabilities across their technical landscape. This includes working with our Cloud Architects when interviewing clients to understand application and infrastructure current state. Working with our Cloud Architects leading client working sessions to identify, categorize, prioritize and analyze data and information to work into cloud migration action plans. Working with the larger project teams to migrate legacy applications to their cloud platform.
- Perform tasks requiring in-depth knowledge of business domain targeting process efficiency and improvement.
- Confer with client executive management to define the client’s strategic business information technology goals and advises in the re-engineering of business processes to meet those goals.
- Provide support for operations and migration services that enable VA to tailor the availability and delivery of cloud computing services based on business and technical requirements.
- Utilize the future VA Enterprise Cloud Operational Tools (VAECOT), CSP native portals and tools, and/or other VA TRM-approved tools necessary to provide operations and migration support
- Help provide inputs to the VAEC Technical Operating Model, which includes operating processes and procedures, and which has the goal of continuously improving the cloud program, technical, and operational framework required to effectively and efficiently deliver and manage cloud computing capabilities.
- Direct efforts around business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and process integration with security, architecture, budget and acquisitions
- Responsible for working with users and customers to document and strategize for process improvements for current business processes
- Execute analysis and evaluation of existing or proposed processes, applications, systems, or software
- Provide strategic business consulting to the program
- Ensure compliance with the standards and organization requirements relative to specific assignments
- Manage reports, cloud infrastructure assets and associated licensing for products/tools
- Closely monitor and manage team members across the program to align with the staffing plans, schedule, and cost constraints and goals
- Support the development of program and project requirements and review requirements documents to ensure business, functional and technical requirements are complete and consistent with the contract
- Assist the PMO in the development and update of Integrated Master Schedule, and resource allocations, and ensure program-level deadlines are met
- Anticipate program challenges and risk scenarios and prepare, lead, and execute proactive response strategies to ensure optimal results
- Work with the PMO to ensure the program is managed so as to keep within the established budget and meet the program’s financial targets
- Assist in development and delivery of internal and client-facing program reviews, status reports, performance reports and other communications
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's of Science inEngineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline,8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- A Project Manager must have experiencemanaging Information Technology related projects.
- Must be well versed in life cycle and project management methodologies.
- Must have experience in tracking costs, schedule and performance progress.
- Must be able to identify and mitigate risks
Candidates that do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
- Previous Federal Government experience preferably at VA
- Experience working in a CMMI-DEV or CMMI-SVC environment at Maturity Level 3 or above
- One or more Microsoft or Amazon cloud certifications
- ITIL certification or experience with ITIL
- Active clearance for Public Trust (High-Risk) Position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong creative, analytical and problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Strong ability to foster collaborative work in dynamic team environment
- Strong management skills to select, develop, mentor, and motivate team members
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels in an organization.
- Must have experience with the analysis of business, functional, technical, activities, and events
- Must be capable of working closely with the project leadership and technical resources to understand issues and work toward resolution
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Able to pass a background check to obtain a Public Trust (High-Risk) Position
- Must be a U.S. citizen
We’re on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare system.
Each of our 1,700+ colleagues across the United States plays a role in transforming the lives of millions of Americans. This mission drives us - and it adds meaning to what we do, each and every day. Our passion for serving public health programs, and for engaging consumers more directly with the healthcare system, runs deep.
Passion for what we do. Pride in how we do it.
Cognosante was founded to address a critical gap in the health IT market – the need for a smart, nimble company, unencumbered by legacy systems and unafraid to challenge accepted wisdom. Experience grounds us; innovation drives us. For almost 30 years, we’ve worked to find progressive solutions to complex problems.
We help state Medicaid agencies navigate healthcare reform. We provide community-based assistance to Americans as they enroll in healthcare coverage. And we dream of, design, and develop IT solutions meant to disrupt the status quo and connect the dots between patients, plans, providers, and payers. We are the best minds on health - and we’re looking to grow our team.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of millions? Join us.
Highlighted Benefits for Full-time Employees
•Medical • Dental • Vision • 401k • Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid Time Off • Work/Life Solutions • Pet Insurance
C ognosante is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Cognosante is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-206-6015 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.