Acumen Solutions, Inc. Human Resources Specialist in McLean, Virginia
Acumen Solutions drives excellence - not only in our performance, but also in the results we deliver for our clients. We are a global cloud consultancy combining the insight of our strategists, the vision of our innovators, and the ingenuity of our engineers to achieve extraordinary impact. The Fortune 500 trust us to build solutions focused on growing revenue and profits by amplifying competitive advantage and strengthening customer relationships. Our groundbreaking solutions in the public sector streamline operations and improve productivity. We apply this same focus on excellence to our unparalleled social responsibility program, generating sustainable impact across our local communities. Engage with us at www.acumensolutions.com or on Twitter @AcumenSolutions.
Acumen Solutions is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Specialist at our headquarters location in Mclean, VA. The HR Specialist is responsible for benefits and data management and is a great opportunity for a self-motivated, creative individual to work in a fast-paced, fun, energetic and innovative company.
As HR Specialist, the majority of your time will involve running our benefits programs and creating innovative ways to engage employees to elevate their well-being. Using your curiosity, persistence, and genuine care for people, you will work to ensure our benefits meet the current and future needs of our team. We offer a high-touch experience to our growing workforce, so identifying and implementing scalable process improvements and leveraging technology for routine tasks is key.
Areas of focus will be geared towards benefits administration and plan design, employee-focused education and engagement, and some compliance and regulation within the benefits space. Additionally, you will own data management for the company, including data entry, record keeping, and analysis of employee data in the organization’s systems. Participating in the payroll process to ensure accurate benefit deductions as well as compensation is also an important responsibility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ownership of the entire lifecycle of employee benefits and data management
- Delivering high-touch, caring, and confidential administration of our benefits programs and guiding employees through all life events, including leave management strategies and logistics
- Ensuring extremely timely delivery of support to employees and leaders
- Flexing between day-to-day tactical actions and long-term strategic planning to ensure the company’s benefits run well overall
Maintaining, iterating, and owning systems, processes, and all related employee and benefits records The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a genuine desire to positively impact the lives of others through your work
- Interest in maintaining and analyzing accurate data in order to identify trends and support business decision-making.
- Self-motivation to manage your time effectively in order to accomplish tasks independently, especially when faced with competing demands
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to changing priorities in order to most effectively support employees
- Experience guiding employees and leaders through benefit-related decisions
- The highest level of credibility, integrity, and confidentiality
- Intermediate skill level with Excel and ideally comfortable working in Google
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- 3 - 5 years of experience in benefit plan administration or related area
Acumen Solutions offers the opportunity for growth and advancement, as well as a competitive base salary, annual performance based incentives, medical benefits & 401k.
As a leading management and technology consulting firm, Acumen Solutions offers a range of challenging and rewarding opportunities whether you’re just starting out in your career, looking to advance your career, or seeking a senior leadership position. Acumen Solutions employees are ambitious, committed, passionate problem solvers.
EOE M/F/V/D VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist
Location: McLean, VA