Trinity Health Outpatient Pharmacy Technician II . Full Time. Rotating Shifts in Maywood, Illinois
Under Pharmacist supervision, assists in the practice of pharmacy in accordance with state, federal, and hospital policy. Performing duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager and/or Staff Pharmacists, providing excellent patient care for our customers and colleagues making patient care our priority while offering assistance with a cheerful attitude.
- Candidates must have open availability, and willingness to work during operating business hours including weekends (Saturday and Sunday) on a rotating schedule.
- Understanding and following HIPAA guidelines in regards to protecting the confidentiality of the patient's protected Health Information (PHI).
- Must be able to work with others. This position will not only require you to work with Pharmacists and other Pharmacy Technicians, but you will also need to coordinate with other hospital care teams in Pharmacy, Nursing, Social Work, etc., in order to meet deadlines and the needs of our patients.
- Communicates effectively in a professional manner with patients, providers, and third party payers.
- Inventory management activities, such as, ordering, receiving, and storing medications and supplies, including items that require special handling and storage.
- Operate the cash register to complete patient transactions, and reconcile transactions at the end of the day.
- Prepare packages for shipping.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Review and comply with the Code of Conduct, as well as current workflow procedures.
Required:High School Diploma
Preferred:High School Diploma plus training acquired through work experience or education
Required:1-2 years of previous job-related experience
Preferred:3-5 years of previous job-related experience
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
Registered Pharmacy Technician
Basic Computer Skills
Job Number: 00137801
Location: Maywood, IL
Organization Name: Loyola University Medical Center
Facility: LUHS-Loyola University Medical Center
Employment Type: Full time