Lockheed Martin Simulation Software Engineer in Marietta, Georgia
Description: The selected candidate will be a technical staff member for laboratory software development within the LM Aero Labs and Technical Services (L&TS) Simulation Team. This organization develops state of the art, real-time, pilot-in-the-loop fighter and airlift simulations and systems integration laboratories. This includes simulators for the F-16, F-22, F-35, C-5, C-130J, and L-100 aircraft. Software will be developed for Linux, Windows, or Solaris platforms. Selected candidate may operate and maintain existing laboratory venues. Assignments may change over time as required by the organization.
Initial assignment will likely involve development, integration, documentation, test and debugging of airframe, aircraft system and avionics software models that contain logical and mathematical solutions for experimental, developmental and production aircraft in computer languages for solutions by means of data processing. Must be able to apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the development life cycle, locate and correct programing errors, prepare operating instructions, compile documentation of program development, and analyze system capabilities.
Must be a US citizen. This position will require special access and a Secret security clearance after starting.
-Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or another technically related discipline.
-Experience in the use of Windows and Unix Operating Systems.
-Experience interfacing with components through Interface Control Documents
- Experience or coursework developing software in high order languages, either general purpose or specialized (C++, Python, Matlab)
-Experience or coursework in flight dynamics (aerodynamics, engineering mechanics, fluid mechanics, equations of motion, etc).
• Master of Science in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
• Knowledge of aircraft non-linear and linear 3-DOF and 6-DOF simulations
• Knowledge of coordinate transformation
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to learn from others and pass knowledge on to others.
• 2 or more years designing and developing software in high order languages (C, C++, Java and/or ADA)
• Experience with, or knowledge of, the integration of basic aircraft flight dynamics (aerodynamics, engineering mechanics and fluid mechanics, equations of motion, coordinate transformation), and avionics within a simulated environment.
• Experience with, or knowledge of, Image Generation, including OpenGL and the Common Image Generator Interface (CIGI)
• Experience with aircraft flight controls and automatic flight controls.
-Experience working in a team environment and working with internal and external customers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.