Steadfast Management Company Maintenance Technician - Rosemont at East Cobb in Marietta, Georgia
Job Description- Maintenance Technician
Job Summary: Maintenance Technicians, under the supervision of the Property Manager and the Maintenance Supervisor, are responsible for performing repairs and preventative maintenance in the apartment community.
Reports to:Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor
Important Relationships:TheMaintenance Technician works to establish and maintain positive, productive relationships with industry professionals, suppliers, vendors, outside contractors servicing the community, residents, and site employees, ensuring consistent application of Community Policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold the Steadfast Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Maintain a professional image and attitude at all times; observing the policies and procedures of Steadfast Companies when conducting business with residents and all related parties.
- Be familiar and remain up-to-date with all OSHA and related agency guidelines to ensure 100% compliance with all regulations.
- Inspect the property on a regular basis and report all safety hazards, property damage, and needed repairs to Maintenance Supervisor. Follow up on repairs to verify completion and compliance with OSHA, property insurance companies, government agencies, and company safety policies and risk management procedures.
- Ensure completion of all maintenance service requests from residents and follow-up with Maintenance Supervisor on service calls, keeping and filing all copies and related documentation.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Supervisor to schedule preventative maintenance work and resident service requests.
- Follow the community preventative maintenance program regularly.
- Actively participate in all maintenance duties including but not limited to maintenance service request completion and grounds keeping.
- Communicate need of routine supplies and materials to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Report all property issues and potential liabilities along with recommendations for solving such issues to management staff.
- Handle any emergency that may arise on the community following Steadfast policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with all relevant laws and agency regulations, including but not limited to those regarding fair housing, disability accommodations, landlord-tenant relationships, as they apply to the various procedural situations on the community.
- Assist with special projects and administrative tasks as directed by management staff.
- Report all acts of vandalism, destruction of property and suspicious behavior to management.
- Must be available for after-hours emergency calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with special projects and assignments as needed.
Skills: Consistently demonstrate excellence in the following:
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and meet various deadlines.
- Exceptional scheduling and organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong decision-maker with the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Expansive knowledge of equipment, supplies and materials used in the maintenance field.
- Personal appearance compatible with image of community, positive attitude, good sense of humor, energetic, and assertive.
- Good communication skills.
- Attentive to details.
- Must be able to read, understand and comply with all MSDA Sheets on all chemicals used at the property.
- Experience in carpentry, plumbing and electrical preferred.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 90 pounds.
- Must have the ability to safely operate various machinery including but not limited to electric saws, key cutting equipment and golf carts.
- Must have the ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and climb stairs and ladders as necessary.
- Must have the ability to squat, bend and reach above shoulders.
- Must be flexible to work after-hours in emergency situations.
- Must maintain a valid Local State Drivers License at all times.
- Must maintain a working vehicle and current automobile insurance at all times.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and ability to interact with a variety of people and personality types.
- Ability to solve problems involving residents, finances, equipment failure, and emergency situations while remaining calm, rational, and professional.
- Ability and willingness to substitute for any position when needed; from Maintenance Supervisor to janitor.
- Goal oriented.
- Driven to further professional growth and education in the industry.
Physical & Mental Demands:
Must be physically and mentally able to perform all of the duties listed under Duties and Responsibilities, all of which are deemed "essential functions of the job." Employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. The position requiresmobility within the office, including movement from floor to floor. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a scanner and copy machine. Must be able to deal with the stress associated with a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment, including handling multiple tasks on a daily basis.]
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as deemed necessary.
Business Unit: Steadfast Management
Title: Maintenance Technician - Rosemont at East Cobb
Location: GA - Marietta - Rosemont at East Cobb
Metro Area: Atlanta
Postal Code: 30067
Functional Area: On-Site
Requisition Number: 310774
First Open Date: 06/07/2016