Steadfast Management Company Community Manager - Marietta Area in Marietta, Georgia
Job Description - Community Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for all phases of operation of the community, including, but not limited to, (i) the supervision of the general administration, financial management and maintenance aspects of the physical asset, and (ii) all personnel and resources, in all cases, so that each community is maintained at all times in good physical condition with a stabilized fiscal operation and motivated staff.
Reports to:Regional Manager
Important Relationships:The Community Manager works to establish and maintain positive, productive relationships with the community, government agencies, HUD, TCAC, industry professionals, suppliers, vendors, outside contractors servicing the community, site employees, members of the compliance and accounting departments, and with all residents, ensuring consistent application of Community Policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold the Steadfast Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Maintain a professional image and attitude at all times; observing the policies and procedures of Steadfast Companies when conducting business with residents and all related parties.
- Be familiar with all Regulatory Agreements and related agencies to ensure 100% compliance with all regulations.
- Be aware of all relevant laws and agency regulations, including but not limited to fair housing, sexual harassment, disability accommodations, and landlord-tenant relationships as they apply to the policies and procedures of the company and the community.
- Responsible for training, supervising, and developing on-site personal in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare management plans, marketing plans, vendor contracts, and budgets with assistance of the Regional Manager.
- Report all property issues and potential liabilities along with recommendations for solving such issues to management staff.
- Handle any emergency that may arise on the community following Steadfast policies and procedures.
- Maintain the community files and records (including electronic) ensuring documentation is kept complete and up-to-date, complete required reports, update operations manual, and ensure all compliance procedures and requirements are satisfied.
- Determine strengths and weakness of individual employees and work on goal setting; improving the performance of each person according to his or her capabilities and personal goals.
- Perform employee evaluations and make recommendations to Regional Manager for salary increases and/or promotions.
- Assist with special projects and administrative tasks as directed by management staff.
MARKETING & LEASING
- Understand the target market of your community by outlining marketing goals, preparing regular market surveys, keeping open lines of communication with surrounding communities, and aiming advertising and promotions.
- Review and sign all rental applications, compliance forms, and lease documents for accuracy and compliance with corporate policies.
MAINTAIN THE PHYSICAL ASSET
- Inspect the property on a regular basis and report all safety hazards, property damage, and needed repairs to maintenance staff. Follow up on repairs to verify completion and compliance with OSHA, property insurance companies, government agencies, and company safety policies and risk management procedures.
- Conduct annual unit inspections to determine budget needs and resident compliance with regulations set forth by federal, state, and local agencies.
- Take maintenance service requests from residents and follow-up on service calls, keeping and filing all copies and related documentation.
- Coordinate with the maintenance supervisor to schedule maintenance staff, preventative maintenance work, and resident service requests.
- Evaluate maintenance operations periodically to determine cost efficiency.
- Supervise all vacant apartment turnover procedures.
- Ensure outside vendors and contractors working at the community are in compliance with Steadfast Vendor Management System requirements.
- Monitor purchases of routine supplies and materials, ensuring expenses are within allocated budget amounts.
- Make recommendations and solicit bids for major physical repairs, replacements, and improvements. Submit to Regional Manager for approval.
FINANCIAL REPORTING & CONTROLS
- Collect rents and control delinquency. Serve legal documents and process and supervise all eviction proceedings. Attend unlawful detainer and other court hearings when necessary to represent owner.
- Maintain necessary records of all financial transactions of the Community.
- Deposit all funds, including bank deposits, daily.
- Assist Regional Manager in preparation of monthly financial accounting reports and explanation of budget variances.
- Approve and report all payroll information to corporate office on a timely basis.
- Prepare and update inventory of all equipment and supplies.
- Encouraged to delegate authority to key employees with prior discussion and approval by Regional Manager. The Community Manager’s responsibilities are always primary, even for activities delegated to subordinates.
- Report all accidents involving bodily injury or any material property damage to the Corporate Risk Manager within 24 hours and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with special projects and assignments as needed.
Skills: Consistently demonstrate excellence in the following:
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and meet various deadlines.
- Exceptional scheduling and organizational skills.
- Computer literate, specifically MS Word, Excel (advanced level preferred) and Outlook for Windows.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong decision-maker with the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Must have the ability to climb stairs and ladders if necessary.
- Must have ability to safely drive a golf cart.
- Must be flexible to work after-hours in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of Yardi Residential preferred.
- Knowledge of Initial and Interim Certifications and Mass Annual Recertifications.
- Minimum three years on-site experience as a Community Manager supervising subordinates or strong skills as an Assistant Community Manager
- Ability to manage finances and work within a budget.
- Personal appearance compatible with image of community, positive attitude, good sense of humor, energetic, assertive, and capable role model for subordinates.
- Demonstrate integrity on personal as well as a professional level.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Attentive to details.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and ability to interact with a variety of people and personality types.
- Ability to solve problems involving residents, personnel, finances, equipment failure, and emergency situations while remaining calm, rational, and professional.
- Ability and willingness to substitute for any position when needed; from Regional Manager, to janitor, to receptionist.
- Goal oriented.
- Driven to further professional growth and education in the industry.
Physical & Mental Demands:
Must be physically and mentally able to perform all of the duties listed under Duties and Responsibilities, all of which are deemed "essential functions of the job." Employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. The position requires mobility within the office, including movement from floor to floor. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a scanner and copy machine. Must be able to deal with the stress associated with a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment, including handling multiple tasks on a daily basis.]
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as deemed necessary.
Business Unit: Steadfast Management
Title: Community Manager - Marietta Area
Location: GA - Marietta Area
Metro Area: Atlanta
Postal Code: 30082
Functional Area: On-Site
Requisition Number: 853459
First Open Date: 06/01/2016