GlobalFoundries Indirect Procurement - IT Category Lead in Malta, New York
Summary of Role :
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Global Supply Management(GSM) is seeking a motivated skilled person to be part of the Global Indirect Spend Management team. Leading the category management of the assigned categories and subcategories will be the primary focus for this role. Currently, the role will be assigned Information Technology or it's subcategories. The role is the primary interface between GF and our BPO partner and between GSM and the stakeholders. Building and maintaining strong relationships is a key facet of this role.
Essential Responsibilities :
* In partnership with our BPO provider develop and execute category strategy plans, along with price benchmarking and spend analysis, while ensuring global sourcing strategy is in alignment with internal stakeholders, global supply management team and global initiatives
* Develop project, risk mitigation plans and vendor deliverables with stakeholders, while managing suppliers to achieve desired results
* Ensure timely acquisitions of product or service requirements from known sources of supply in support of stakeholders needs
* Ensure that GLOBALFOUNDRIES receives the greatest value from the procurement functions by effectively managing the resources assigned by our BPO provider to negotiate prices, terms, and other areas that can deliver value
* Be the primary interface with key stakeholder to build effective partnerships to create value for GLOBALFOUNDRIES in the assigned categories
* Effectively develop and maintain with relationships with stakeholders across the organization
* Develop knowledge of assigned categories and subcategories including market trends, key suppliers and competitive landscape
* Effectively work cross functionally with stakeholders to create value for GLOBALFOUNDRIES
* Develop and implement continuous improvement ideas to create a more effective sourcing process for GLOBALFOUNDRIES
* Comply with GLOBALFOUNDRIES policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Peform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety and Security requirements and programs.
Required Qualifications :
* Bachelors degree in Business/Supply Chain/Engineering
* 5+ years of relevant experience
* Experience in manufacturing or professional service industries
* Masters degree in Business/Supply Chain/Engineering
* 10 years experience in negotiations and sourcing for services in a global Procurement organization
* Proficiency in Category/Sourcing Manager skills & functions including demonstrated ability to drive Strategy Development, Contract Management, Supplier Performance and Risk Management, Market Intelligence and Industry Trend Monitoring.
* Basic knowledge of supply chain principles and systems
* Experience working with global teams
* Experience with IT procurement
* Ability to lead and manage projects
* Negotiation Skills
* Demonstrated experience and skills in influencing stakeholders, presentations and business case building
* Exceptional interpersonal and team skills with excellent communication skills/written and verbal
* Strong analytical skills using spreadsheets and other analytical software
* Commitment to continuous improvement
* Experience in building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.