Syngenta Product Specialist-Indore in Maharashtra, India
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
In Syngenta, we recognize that diversity and inclusion is important to our business, we embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect and connection with the communities where we operate - benefitting individual employees and the company.
About this Job:
· Conduct advance stage trials in growers field and provode reliable data with product performance.
· Coordinate with local commercial team for finalization of location, season and checks to conduct good trials.
· Act as technical expert for respective geography for Brand as well as agronomy support.
· Support Sales Team for complaint handling and providing technical guidence.
· Contact & establish good relationship with farmers for conducting in-house trials for product testing.
· Coordination with govt institutions and agricultural Universities within territory, for conducting registration trials and support product registration..
· Conduct trials in growers field as per protocols and deliver quality trials data as per requirements.
· Extend timely invitation for crop tours and involve all stakeholders in product assessment.
· Participation in New Product Promotion Meetings, provide Trial data and analysis with precise interpretation on product promotion.
· Lead, coordination, planning and active participation to ensure all resource availability for conducting in-house and registration trials.
· Coordination with State Agriculture Universities, ICAR institutes and other recognized institutes, with in territory, for conducting registration trials.
· Keeping track of competitor’s activities, with in company code of conduct. Keeping stakeholders informed.
· To liase with Commercial team locally to prepare protocols as per practices and aligning with Breeding Team to ensure the best of technical support and local practices.
· Proivide crop advisory about best agronony practices and support on product positioning.
· Participate aggressively in New Product launches and selective campaigns to ensure smooth transfer of technical knowledge.
· Establish sound networking with the commercial and Breeding Team
· Planning and execution of the assigned tasks
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
· Veg agronomy and technical knowledge.
· Product evaluation skills, data collection and interpretation skills.
· Basic knowledge of crop pests and pesticide.
· Good communication and presentation skills.
· Influencing and negotiation with farmers.
· Excellent agronomy knowledge (3-5 years).
· Ability to understand customer needs, structure and business drivers
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
· Openness to new tools, methods and best practices
· Stakeholders engagement with influencing capability
Critical leadership capabilities
· Networking and coordination
· Communication skills
Education / Qualifications:
· Graduate/Post graduate in Agriculture with good knowledge of Agronomy
· Minimum 3-5 years experience in agronomy area
Title: Product Specialist-Indore
Requisition ID: 18004548