HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager Psychiatric Intake in Macon, Georgia
Are you a psychiatric RN looking for a new challenge? Are you wanting to take your leadership skills to the next level in your nursing career? We, at Coliseum Medical Center, can help you with that! Apply today if you are looking to lead an amazing team as the Manager of Intake.
The Intake Manager provides direct oversight and management of the daily operations of the patient assessment and disposition functions, clinical education, quality management, performance improvement, and all activities related to the assessment and disposition of behavioral health patients referred or presenting to the facility. When needed, the Intake Manager will perform duties of the Assessment Specialist including the completion of intake assessments. This is a highly visible role with a large degree of physician and patient interaction. The Intake Manager strives to promote harmony of the department.
Coliseum Medical Center is situated in the middle of Georgia in stunning Macon, Georgia. With its rich history, incredible architecture, beautiful Southern charm and soulful music, Macon is a Southern adventure that's good for the soul. Coliseum Health System not only provides compassion and care to patients, it improves the health of the community with more than 1,200 jobs and millions of tax dollars to support government agencies and infrastructure.
Coliseum Health System, comprised of Coliseum Medical and Coliseum Northside a 103 bed facility, supports local and national non-profit organizations such as the American Heart Association, the American Cancer Society, the Alzheimer’s Association, the Susan B. Komen Foundation, United Way, NewTown Macon, and many, many more. In addition, corporate funds are donated to local foundations for art preservation. Not only do they give of their financial resources, but also the Coliseum Health System employees are very active in these community organizations – as volunteers and serving on the boards of these agencies.
Coliseum Medical Centers has been recognized for its quality care with the following awards: - Georgia Hospital Association Safety Leader Circle - Joint Commission Top Performer of Key Quality Measures - Joint Commission Certification
For us, it's all about people. At our HCA South Atlantic hospitals across Florida, Georgia and South Carolina, you will find that caring extends to both our patients and our people. We are committed to advancing nursing across the organization by nurturing our nurses through education, professional development and defined pathways for personal and professional growth. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come to the right place.
For those who fit our dynamic, patient-focused culture, we offer advantages like: · Our employees enjoycompetitive salaries. · Get started on the right foot with ourcomprehensive orientation process. · Making a move? We offerrelocation assistance. · Specialty specific educatorsprovide valuable mentorship. · We value continued learning and offertuition reimbursement. · You will benefit greatly from ourunit-based councils. · Ourwide-ranging benefit packageis designed to empower your total well-being. · Dedicated to nursing excellence and patient-centered care, we have acollaborative approach to quality and safety.
Being a part of HCA Healthcare, HCA South Atlantic, provides unprecedented career opportunity including the ability to move within 178 hospitals and 1,800 sites of care located in 20 states and the United Kingdom.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Master’s Degree or higher in Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or related field, or;
· Associates’ or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Master’s preferred, with experience as outlined below.
· Must hold and maintain current licensure as a mental health professional, such as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or RN license (RN requires at least 3 years in an applicable mental health environment) in the State of Georgia.
· BLS Certified required.
· CPI Certified within 90 days of hire required.
*EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: *
· 1 year required, 2-3 years preferred (3 years required for RNs) in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments or in a clinical treatment setting.
· 1-2 years preferred in a supervisory role evaluating staff performance and implementing program initiatives.
· Prefer experience in emergency department behavioral healthcare and managing clinical staff.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Able to type, at minimum, 40 WPM.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office with an ability to adapt to and learn new computer software.
· Possess a thorough knowledge of current behavioral health concepts, principles and methods of treatment.
· Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
· Possess good organization skills and be able to act on multiple tasks.
· Understand and be able to train on all the state and federal standards regarding behavioral health assessment, medical screening and patient rights.
· Able to follow established policy and procedures when performing job functions.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager Psychiatric Intake
Location: Georgia-Macon-Coliseum Medical Centers - Macon
Requisition ID: 08158-11116