Vinfen Administrative Assistant (Outpatient Clinic) in Lowell, Massachusetts
The Outpatient Clinic Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing daily front desk operations of an outpatient clinic by performing administrative and clinical/medical support tasks to ensure high quality customer service is provided to the clinic clients. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant maintains service, billing, utilization and program administrative protocols and serves as first point of contact for visitors, answers and directs calls to the appropriate party and provides other administrative support as needed.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a resource for clients, families, and outside agencies requesting information.
- Check-in/check out clients at front desk.
- Collect and track co-pays.
- Schedule, remind, and coordinate appointments.
- Update and maintain clients record in designated system.
- Manage referrals and assist clients with initial paperwork and information gathering.
- Assist with insurance verification, as directed.
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental and behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites with 2,800 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut. www.vinfen.org/careers
My Vinfen. My Community. My Job.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- A minimum of three years of administrative, clerical or secretarial experience in a medical office setting.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking skills required
- High school diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office required
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a fast paced team environment
- Driving may be a requirement for this role either using a Vinfen vehicle or personal vehicle. A valid US driver's license must be presented at time of employment.
- Must be a least 21 years of age and be able to pass a CORI, driving record, employment reference check as well as a multi-state background check.
Mon, 2 pm - 6 pm
Tue, 2 pm - 8 pm
Wed, 2 pm - 8 pm
Thu, 2 pm -8 pm
POSITION TYPE: Part time - Regular
Pay Rate: $14.50 / hour