University of Southern California Postdoctoral Scholar - Research Associate in Los Angeles, California
Postdoctoral Scholar - Research AssociateApplyThe Bridge InstituteLos Angeles, California
POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN PRECISION ONCOLOGY DATA SCIENCE
The Kuhn-Hicks laboratory at USC is a leader in mathematical oncology for predictive mapping of cancer progression and treatment response. The laboratory uses clinical, demographic, and single cell morpho-proteo-genomic data to build predictive models to aid in improving patient care and outcomes.
Our rapidly growing team is looking for a postdoctoral fellow with expertise in data science to apply machine learning concepts to analyze clinical, liquid biopsy, and real-world evidence data sets. A successful candidate will have the determination to improve outcomes for cancer patients and discover novels ways of applying data simulation, machine learning, computational and analytical skills to complex data sets.
• Research, design, implement and evaluate machine learning algorithms and statistical models for clinical datasets
• Identify technical challenges, define requirements and prioritize efforts to meet deadlines of internal team and external collaborators
• Assist with defining requirements and architectures for next-generation machine learning / statistical analysis products
• Develop model and algorithms, perform exploratory research, and collaborate with engineers as well as fellow data scientists to implement your solutions as products.
• Apply machine learning to build prediction model for cancer treatment and side effects
Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent.
Skills and Expertise
• Minimum 5 years of programming experience
• Experience in the field of data science/data analytics, mathematics, or bioinformatics
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in building models and developing algorithms for machine learning, statistics, optimization, and/or simulation
• Experience in SQL, Python, and R
Work is in a typical office environment.
Applicants should include a cover letter as a part of the application. Contact Prof. Peter Kuhn at email@example.com.
REQ20071584 Posted Date: 03/13/2019