IBM Account Director in Pheonix or Utah in Los Angeles, California
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Identify, assess, and close new business opportunities across product lines
• Manage a sales pipeline while developing relationships with potential buyers
• Educate and lead prospective buyers throughout the purchasing process
• Qualify marketing generated leads assigned by demand gen team and subsequently develop relationships to close deals with these potential customers
• Develop customer relationships throughout client organizations to drive initial sales and encourage long-term customer relationships
• Create and deliver accurate sales forecasts for personal sales funnel
• Successfully manage client support teams for mapped accounts
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
• 5+ years of quota carrying field sales experience with a proven track record of success
• 3-5 years experience selling complex enterprise SaaS services, preferably within digital marketing
• 3-5 years experience selling services to the “C-Suite” of clients and guiding clients through the purchasing process
• Ability to assess customer business needs and relationships with qualitative and quantitative approaches
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, written, and presentation skills
• Intellectually curious and inquisitive, lean-forward personality
• Holistic thinker
• Coachable and collaborative
• Strong executive skill and overall business acumen. Keen combination of strategic and operational abilities
• Excellent problem solving skills with ability to develop creative solutions to common problems
• Utilizes all available resources to identify and apply best practices
• Customer-focused with a process-based approach to operational excellence
• Have the desire and commitment to do what it takes to be successful in sales
About Business Unit
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multicloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, and IBM Developer teams
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs