BDO Client Relationship Manager in London, Ontario
BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada's London-Windsor office is seeking a qualified Bookkeeping Client Relationship Liaison to join our growing team.
The successful candidate is responsible for delivering exceptional service and acting as a liaison between BDO's Outsourcing clients, BDO's Centres of Excellence and local office professionals.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Acts as the first point of contact for Outsourcing clients to manage engagements, assist with questions and provide general client support.
• Effectively plan and supervise Outsourcing engagements in accordance with all relevant professional standards (accounting, quality control, and ethical) and Firm policies
• Managing onboarding of new Outsourcing clients including potential site visits with clients and coordinating client and client facing team training
• Maintain proficiency in the accounting, quality control and ethical standards applicable to the client base, including recent changes to accounting standards.
• Providing project management, technical skills and leadership to team members for Outsourcing projects and engagements
• Attend meetings with BDO Partners, Managers and potential clients
• Keep engagement Partner informed on the status of files and issues as required.
• Gain knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics to assist BDO local office with requests for information as required.
• Gain comfort and be able to deliver a variety of Outsourcing technology demonstrations with a local office, clients and potential clients
• Track current clients, prospects, and potential clients in the pipeline
• Assist Partner or Managers with following up on leads and completes scope of services for new clients.
• Send scope of services form and background information to Centres of Excellence and manage the delivery of quote/proposal
• Facilitate information sharing between client and client delivery team.
• Deliver exceptional client service and experience.
• Work with Outsourcing Partner Champion on building awareness of Outsourcing in the local office area
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business would be an asset
• Three years relevant professional experience in an accounting and/or bookkeeping position
• Related experience and good working knowledge in accounting systems
• Prior internal and external client service and conflict resolution experience
• Excellent client service skills
• Exceptional communication, time and project management skills
• Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• High values in teamwork, client service and professionalism
• Supports BDO's vision by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics would be considered an asset
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
System ID: 2018-6874
Job Type (EN): Full Time
Job Industry (Choose up to 3 industries) (EN): Accounting and Auditing Services
External Company URL: www.bdo.ca