McDonald's MGR-SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT in London, United Kingdom
McDonalds is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us to build an even better McDonald's. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing experiences while delivering incredible value and quality in the food we serve.
We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders in our industry and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last year, we have launched home delivery, radically enhanced the digital experiences of our restaurants, introduced mobile pay, and have so much more to come. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the team that is helping to make a better McDonald's!
This position is responsible for defining and developing enterprise architecture standards that drive technical innovation and regional standardization within McDonald's.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· BS or MS in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience
· Between 6 to 8 years of experience in Application Architecture, Solution Architecture, or Enterprise Architecture
· MBA or other related graduate level degree desirable.
· Demonstrated success in leadership role and vision.
· Capable of working with technology and business leadership to align technical roadmaps to key business strategies and goals.
· Experience with all facets of enterprise architecture including application development, data platforms, infrastructure, and deployment.
· Extensive experience working with technology vendors and holding them accountable to Service Level Agreements and KPI’s.
· Exposure to an enterprise level, global technology landscape and a proven ability to establish standards and define future roadmaps for a global company.
· Proven ability to coordinate cross functional teams of IT professionals, business executives, and other key stakeholders towards common goals and objectives.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify quantify and effectively raise business risks associated with data quality.
· Strong leadership experience.
· Responsible for working with segment CIOs and market IT teams to create and maintain blueprints of all McDonald’s proprietary systems as well as SaaS solutions provided by vendors deployed in the McDonald’s “High Growth Markets”
· Partner with segment CIO in order to provide guidance and recommendations on evolving system architecture and implications of any new integrations.
· Assess the current state of segment technology landscape and create a “North Star” blueprint with the global architecture team to guide future state developments.
· Translate the technical roadmap to senior business leadership to help them better understand how technology will impact their business objectives.
· Set architecture standards across multiple business units and establish a blueprint for what technology systems will be needed to support each business unit.
· Define KPI’s and SLA’s for all McDonald’s systems including production downtime, defects in market testing, and average time between production failures.
· Oversee technology consulting vendors and ensure they are following all architectural standards and meeting all KPI’s set forth by the Enterprise Architecture team.
· Partner with the existing data teams to review data blueprints, core data models, and all integrations with McDonald’s data platforms.
· Develop critical architecture standards and ensure there is an effective balance of centralized and decentralized standards.
· Conduct high-level compliance reviews and provide course correction when necessary.
· Work with Global Enterprise Architecture teams in order to determine market level standards and any exceptions to the global enterprise architecture policies.
· Drive market variance approval processes.
· Play a key role in rearchitecting monolithic and SOA enterprise systems for Microservices and deployment to the cloud.
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.