North Highland Manager - Project and Programme Management in London, United Kingdom
Job: Manager - Project and Programme Management
Program & Project Management
Share || Email this job
CELEBRATE YOUR PERSONALITY AND TEAM SPIRIT.
GROW THROUGH YOUR CHOICES.
MAKE YOUR MARK.
North Highland has a mantra: Unleash Potential Together. For our clients, it means we challenge thinking and build capabilities, so that after each engagement, they are left stronger and inspired to do more. With our colleagues, it means fostering an environment where bringing, shaping, growing and sharing ideas isn’t just encouraged—it’s expected. And within our communities, it means we give of our skills, time and passion to make them more prosperous.
We are currently growing a vibrant community of like-minded PM professionals. We invest in our people. We will facilitate the development of your PM career and you will coach & mentor your colleagues, enhancing both your skills and theirs. We are committed to bringing skilled professionals with a strong track record of end-to-end delivery of complex projects along on the journey with us. If you are looking for a new challenge & a chance to join a firm where you will be supported in further enhancing your career, this may be the role for you!
Joining at the Manager grade within North Highland’s PPM capability, you will fill various roles supporting clients across PPM, including programme advisory and assurance, complex programme leadership and project recovery.
Specifically, you will:
- Evaluate and articulate scale of complex client projects and programmes issues, providing and delivering on best practice PPM methodology and structures to address them.
- Support clients to shape, architect and mobilise new complex programmes and projects for clients, including advisory work around governance, delivery methodology (waterfall, hybrid and agile), business case and benefits, timescales and cos.
Lead the delivery of complex programmes where ongoing support is required for clients beyond initial advisory and/or shaping work, including:
Coordinating development of quality deliverables.
- Planning and managing North Highland, client and third party teams.
- Performing project staffing, invoicing, budgeting, and profitability analysis processes as well as contact and opportunity/funnel management.
Support the management of client accounts, including:
Develop strong, credible relationships with key senior client stakeholders.
- Identify, qualify and shape opportunities to grow existing accounts.
- Demonstrate depth of knowledge and/or strength of capability to build credibility with the client.
- Formally manage others as a Career Coach/Counselling Manager and/or as a Reviewer on a project/engagement.
- Management consulting, advisory, professional services and/or Big 4 consulting experience.
- Proposal development experience including the ability to effectively sell business solutions to clients.
- Running projects and managing teams; and delivery experience driving desired business outcomes, identifying gaps and omissions, and designing solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
- Master's degree and/or professional certifications are advantageous.
Demonstrated track record of successful ability to manage large and complex consulting engagements; including a role in managing and interfacing with senior level client executives.
Extensive experience in a number of core consulting capabilities, and expertise in the area of project management. Other areas of interest includetransformation & change, technical architecture, ITIL, process design, IT strategy, IT transformation and ERP.
Knowledge and experience of best practice delivery methodologies across the spectrum of Waterfall, Hybrid and Agile.
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients and within the company; can build consensus and achieve goals through influence.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with professional staff, senior level executives and the community at large.
- Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems.
North Highlandis a global management consulting firm known for helping clients solve their most complex challenges related to customer experience , performance improvement , technology and digital , and transformation . We add value and support our clients across the full spectrum of consulting, from strategy through delivery. We bring the big ideas, then we make them real. North Highland is an employee-owned firm, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with more than 3,000 consultants worldwide and 60+ offices around the globe. The firm is a member of Cordence Worldwide (www.cordenceworldwide.com), a global management consulting alliance. For more information, visit northhighland.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.