Expedia CONTRACT - Senior DevOps Engineer (Cloud) in London, United Kingdom
At Hotels.com, helping our customers to find the perfect place and wake up happy is an exciting mission for our Technology team. As well as delivering awesome features and offering an unsurpassed hotel search and booking experience, we want to make sure we're always available for our customers.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled DevOps Engineer to help with the evolution and operation of our Cloud platform. This platform will play a key role in enabling the continuing flexibility, as well as increased efficiency and scalability of the Hotels.com website and its associated properties.
- As well as being a passionate advocate of cloud computing, you have solid professional experience of AWS architecture and administration in production environments.
- You have hands experience with containerisation (Docker) and resource scheduling (Kubernetes).
- You have experience working with frontend web services, preferably in an ecommerce environment, including Apache/NGINX and CDNs (e.g. Akamai).
- You are snugly at home with Linux, and well versed in Bash.
- You are a capable coder in either Python or Go.
- You've spent some quality time with Java applications running on Tomcat.
- You live and breathe automation.
- You possess a deep understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies and concepts.
- You are confident writing test-driven Infrastructure as Code and have used tools like CloudFormation or, ideally, Terraform.
- You understand DNS, TCP/IP and networking concepts and how to apply them to a Cloud-based environment.
- You have knowledge of configuration management tools and techniques.
- You will contribute to the design and build of a Cloud platform that leverages resource scheduling and containerisation to bring increased flexibility, scalability and efficiency to Hotels.com infrastructure.
- You will be expected to cultivate relationships with developers, engineers and other technology partners to understand their needs.
- You will provide mentorship and technical direction to off-shore team-members and evangelize practices and methodologies.
Why build your career at Hotels.com?
- You'll get to work with some spectacular people both from the technology team and wider business
- We work hard to craft a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career
- We have many of the best bits of a start-up but with the resources of the world's biggest travel company
- We love open source and actively participate in the open source community
- We regularly run hackathons where you can branch out of your usual area to contribute something different and creative
- We host and speak at meet ups
- We want everyone on our team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in a lovely, comfortable office in a nice, central part of London
Hotels.com is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time