Intermountain Healthcare Clinical Lab Asst I - Logan Regional Hospital - Part time in Logan, Utah
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Clinical Lab Assistant (CLA) facilitates laboratory organization and patient care. This position orders, prepares, and directs testing to the appropriate lab or testing facility.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Responsible for accurately receiving, ordering, processing, labeling and auditing specimens according to established procedure.
- 2. Recognizes factors that may affect testing outcomes, takes appropriate action to solve problems, and consistently documents solutions according to established protocols.
- 3. Learns and maintains appropriate knowledge of all computer systems and test ordering practices insuring all specimens are properly entered in all computer systems.
- 4. Effectively communicates specimen collection and handling requirements, providing service to external and internal customers.
- 5. Performs and documents quality assurance checks and provides correction/maintenance.
- 6. May participate in informal training and mentoring of new employees.
- 7. Identifies opportunities for continuous process improvement and executes project conception, data collection and implementation.
- 8. Performs sterile specimen preparation techniques.
- 9. Follows appropriate documentation protocol and properly identifies patients and correctly labels samples.
- 10. May help maintain supply room inventory, notifying supervisor / designee when supplies are low.
- 11. May perform some testing.
- Entry Rate: $13.68
- Part time, 24 hours per week - Shifts on days, afternoons and evenings. A weekend rotation may be required. A holiday rotation is required.
- Benefits Eligible
- High School diploma or GED in compliance with CLIA regulations
- Excellent communication skills to include ability to read, write, speak and understand effectively in English.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment under stressful situations.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Basic computer skills.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts that may include weekends, holidays and nights.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate information.
- Operate computers and complex and delicate lab equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read lab equipment, monitors, and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer or other equipment.
- Prior Specimen Processing experience
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location Logan Regional Hosp
Job Type Part Time